Sunday, 31 August 2008
Today was the Day
Ok, for those of you who have been waiting with baited breath TODAY was the day! Mike was released as YM President. Finally. Hallelujah. In my opinion. He wasn't happy about it and the boys he is with are not happy about it. Mike had to help bless the sacrament and we have 3 boys that normally do it. He was sitting in the middle and the two boys on either side of him gave him huge elbow digs. They were not pleased. One boy refused to go to YM any more. LOL. Then another boy, who turned 16 this past week came up to Mike later and said "You could have said "No". I thought that was a little sad. But I'm glad it's over with. I can now be in YW's. Even though I was just put into Primary. So I'm sure I'll be here for a while, which is fine. The other part of this is that Mike's new calling. Mike has been called to be Stake YM's Secretary. Which is delightful because he has WAY less meetings and doesn't go to mutual. He'll still be involved with the boys in our ward, but that's fine. He's become good friends with the boys and it will take a little bit for everyone to adjust. But I am thrilled. :D And as a bit of a side note. Our furnace still isn't working, we haven't gotten it fixed yet. So tonight was our official first fire of the fall/winter season! Yay. :D The house smells good. Times like this make me anxious for Halloween and Christmas. Anyway, that's about all the news from our family for today. School starts Tuesday for Aaron and Wednesday for Ky. So I'm looking forward to that. Tomorrow is going to be a cleaning and prep day I guess. Last day for tv and the wii for a while!! I have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow morning to hit the gym because Mike has to be gone by 6:30 a.m. So tomorrow I will be having a nap shortly after 10 a.m. So have a good one. ttyl, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is there some policy in your ward that both husband and wife can't be in YM and YW? That doesn't make sense to me. Does your ward plan years ahead of who gets what calling? I don't really think the bishop released him so you could get into YW. Besides, I think primary is the best place in the church. Other than that have a happy day.
Dear Anonymous
I hope you check back and read this. Your post made me laugh. I guess I should have explained a little bit more. I was called into YW's 3 years ago and I was secretary and I was the president's right hand woman. She didn't have an advisor and so I was used a lot and asked my opinion a lot. My husband was then called into the YM's as the President. We have 3 young children and even though I wasn't expected to be in YW's for activities and what not, the Presdient wanted me there to support and help her. So, who was to watch our children while we were both gone. It became a sore spot between us and eventually I was released. The Bishop then told me that as long as Mike was in the Presidency I would not be in YW's. I was crushed. Since then, I have served in the RS Presidency and am now in the Primary Presidency. The bishop did not release him so I could get into YW's. I was commenting on that because I LOVED YW's. It was one of the happier callings I've had. I'm just happy because I can EVENTUALLY be called into the YW's. But it will be years before that happens since I was just put in the Primary. I LOVE my calling with the Primary. Starting in January all of our children will be in primary and it's great to be in a position to see what my children are learning and to know what we need to teach more of in our home. My husband has now been called to the Stake YM's. And I'm sure that's why he was released. He has been the YM's President for almsot 4 years so it was time. Thanks for your concern and thanks for reading my blog.
Dear anonymous,
No wonder you didn't put your name, your comments were rude and out of line. You obviously don't know the workings of a ward very well, Laura explained it quite clearly in her original blog. Bishoprics are very sensitive to the callings they give the parents of young familes because of the pressure of overlapping meetings. Family comes first, not major callings. They rarely put both husband and wife in the "same" calling where both have to be at the same meetings and rarely do both parents each have major callings. Consideration for the children, the parent's stress level and the need for constant babysitters. If YOUR ward does not do this, then maybe your ward is the different one :) Have a nice day
Post a Comment