Thursday, 21 August 2008
First Day
This morning was my first morning at the gym. First of all I'd like to say that my "friend" isn't that helpful and I'm probably going to have to hire a personal trainer for 30 bucks an hour to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. I know how to work all the machines and what not, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing weight wise. So I'm going to save some pennies and maybe I'll have enough to do something soon because I doubt I'm doing myself too much good at this point. And I don't want to hurt my "friends" feelings so I'm going to have to do it on the sly. Because honestly she did jack this morning. I think she just wants a work out buddy. Sigh. Figures. But I'm already signed up for the gym so I might as well make use of it while I can. I am a bit sore already and I dread tomorrow. :) Don't you just love getting into shape. I love the results, but hate just about every second of it. And now that I'm starting to get sore I'll be reminded all day just how much I hate it. But whatever. It's for the greater good. So, I got up this morning at 5:45 to meet her at the gym by 6. She was of course late, and my password wasn't working, so I had to wait for her to be let in. On the good side we were the only ones in there so I didn't feel weird or anything working out with more experienced people watching and secretly laughing at me. I decided to get up so early to get myself in gear for when school starts. And since it was my first day I wasn't sure what to do, so it took a bit longer than I thought. We were there for over an hour. So I didn't get home until 7:30. Then I changed into different work out gear and hit the treadmill on shaky knees. And now I'm sitting here dreading lunch time. I just want to go have a nap, but alas I must take care of the kids. It is my job after all. So I'll try to keep you updated on the personal trainer thing and see how much it's going to sink me to actually know what I'm doing. I keep telling myself it's an investment. So who knows. I doubt Mike will see it as such, but whatever. Anyway, ttyl, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rose,
I'm glad that you went in this moringing. ANd as for me - I love being sore, it lets me know I'm doing something right LOL. As for your personal trainer, I'm sorry that she's not working out so much. 2 thoughts...if she is trying to become a personal trainer you might want to mention something to her like...hey do you think you could help to set me up on a specific work out? or, if that doesn't work, since you already know how to use the equpment, I could put oyou on a workout. That is what I went to school for, well the second half of school that is. We'll have to chat later.
Post a Comment