Friday, 22 August 2008

Second Day

Yeah, she didn't even show up this morning. Nice. I was there at 6 waiting and waiting. I finally went in and left the door unlocked. Let me explain this real quick. Since this is a small town this gym is kinda weird. It's half a hair salon, half gym. Crazy I know. So when you sign up for a membership you get a key and your password to get in. So the key is to the front door. Then the gym you use your password to get in and the hair place is just locked up. (the hair place is to the left, gym to the right). Anyway, so my friend told me yesterday that she never got a key. But she has a password, so I'm sure she's a member. (each password is specified for that person and since I used her password to get in again today, I'm sure she's a member). Anyway, back to the story. So I wait for her and I wait for her. Finally at 6:15 I sign myself in and start my warm up. By the time I'm done the warm up it's 6:30. I had left the outside door unlocked, but was totally scared the whole time. What if someone tried to break in blah blah blah. So anyway, I went at 6:30 and locked the door back up. At one point I thought I might have heard some knocking on the door, but I was mid squat and wasn't going to go check it out. So if she did come this morning she was more than a half an hour late and I was a little mad at her. But whatever. I can work out by myself. It's a little creepy to work out by myself, but I'm sure I'll get over it. It's not a very well used gym. I looked at the log in sheet yesterday and I saw 4 people that had actually logged in. So that was me and my friend and two other ladies. nice. Doesn't sound worth it to run it to me, but whatever. Anyway, so I'm really sore today and I've got some weird bruising on my shoulders, but I'm good. I'm tired, and Mike commented on my grumpiness. :D I'm trying hard today to be better, but I'm just exhausted. Maybe I'll go take my nap now so I'm still tired tonight. So enough rambling. I'm supposed to meet my friend tomorrow at 9 at the gym, but that's not going to happen because Mike will be working for his dad. And I'm thinking my poor broken body needs a bit of rest. I could hardly use my treadmill today. My knees kept locking up on me and then trying to get down the stairs afterwards was almost comical. I also went through today and tried to figure out what my max lifting was on each machine. So it easily took me an hour today. So starting on Monday I'm going to do lower body work out and do it MWF and then I'll do upper body Tu/Th/Sat (yeah right, as if I'm going to work out on Saturday, unless it's a Saturday night). So that's the plan for now. Stacy said that she could set me up on a program so that would be helpful. A lot more so than my "friend" (I hope this blog even made sense. lol) TTYL

2 comments:

KrishasKrew said...

Keep it up! I went back to the Gym about 5 weeks ago, and the first 2 weeks, I had to take a nap almost everyday, but now I am down to about twice a week!! I know nothing about the machines, so I hired a personal trainer and I love it! But you sound like you know what you are doing! Good Luck!

Christal said...

you are so awesome so dedicated and so fun!! Your "friend" sounds like a real winner what a bummer!! Seriously come bang on my window if you need a workout partner if she doesn't show I'll come! Keep it up your doing awesome!!!