Monday, 28 February 2011

blanket

So I was short on fabric.  So I had to run into Lethbridge this morning and buy more.  I bought the previous fabric at Joanne's so of course there's no way in heck that there's going to be a match here in Lethbridge.  So I bought two more kinds. 
An orange
and a blue

and then I spent all afternoon trying to piece them together in some sort of a pattern.  I had enough fabric (now) to do a 9x9 blanket.  But I didn't have enough of each one to do that. I would always run out of one kind of fabric.  And so I made it 8x8.  But I had 5 kinds of fabric and not enough to do it with just 4. 

Anyway, to make a long and very stressful story short, this is what I finally finished with and I love, love LOVE it.  I can't wait until it's done.  Tonight I'm going to mark all of the squares.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to sew X's in each square (these are double sided squares), maybe Wednesday I'll sew each row together and Friday I"ll probably sew the blanket together. 


 A HUGE thanks to Janine for helping me!!  I hope to get this baby mailed out by Saturday or even Monday at the latest.  I still have a song for show choir that I haven't even started yet that's due on Thursday (Limbo Rock) and I'm still supposed to be teaching my helper.  AND I have to go to show choir the next 2 weeks to fill in as sound person so my Fridays are now full too.  But this blanket will be done this week!!  I can hardly wait for the cute factor!! 

2 comments:

Dawn said...

That looks great! Good job!

Mikaela said...

CUTE!