Monday, 14 February 2011

Love Day

Happy Love Day!!  Something I love about MY love.  Mike is a good man and an excellent father.  But one of the things I love the most about him is that he makes me laugh.  He comes up with ridiculous sayings {dungadeer coyote}, he dances Lord of the Dance in the kitchen, he talks with a hilarious Scottish accent, he tells lame {don't think it's funny cause it's SNOT} jokes.  Most evenings our home is full of laughter.  And the best part is when it's just us and we're sitting on the couch or watch tv in bed and we can just laugh and laugh and laugh.  (Or when it's in the middle of prayer and we can't STOP laughing).  Or we're trying to go to sleep and he'll say something and I laugh until I can't breathe.  The best is when I'm laughing so hard that my shoulders shake (and it's turned into a silent laugh from lack of oxygen) and then it gets really quiet as I try to breathe and then he'll snort or do something that starts the laughing all over again. 

Here's a little bit of what I've done for Love Day.  6+ dozen cookies for the kids' class parties

 Some popcorn stuff for the teachers, the bus driver, and my visiting teachees
 I woke up this morning to find Mike already gone, but this was sitting at my spot at the table.  I LOVE IT!!  {for those of you who have only known me since I've been married, I LOVE frogs and have since high school.)  I totally wasn't expecting this, but am THRILLED.  (This totally makes up for the year that he brought me flowers from someone at work who had a stalker)
We don't have big plans tonight.  Maybe we'll cuddle up and watch some tv.  :o) 

Oh and listen to the music.  I've got some love songs lined up.  Keeper of the Stars is the song that makes me think of Mike.  Amazed was the hit song that came out right before we were married.  The rest are just love songs that I love!!

3 comments:

The Rose Family said...

That frog TOTALLY makes me think of you! I'm glad you are so happy with your hubs-- sounds like a riot at your place! Happy V-Day!

Lynn said...

I LOVE that you can laugh in your marriage. Makes me think of that movie... House of the Lord (? is that it?) the one where this girl has to decide between two men in marriage and the one man says.... I promise to make you laugh every day. Laughter is wonderful - it is such a stress relief and is just fun to do. I love that Mike makes you laugh. YOU make ME laugh :)....actually, all you girls make me laugh - I love it when you're together. At Brie's shower between Dee and Stacy thejokes just kept coming and we laughed the whole night. It was wonderful!

Stacy Wilson said...

Yeah, Dee was pretty dang funny at the shower. Anyway, can't believe all that work you did on those cookies and the popcorn looks delish! Props to Mike, it may have taken 10 years but he's getting there! Love you sister, hope you had a great day.