Friday, 25 February 2011

Finished

I finished Wuthering Heights tonight.  It was pretty good book once we got past all the boring stuff.  After chapter 5 the story picked right up and I found it fascinating.  It was dark in places, and violent, and yet the love that was shared was so descriptive that it made me yearn for a love that was like theirs.  But without all the dying.  LOL.  ps, I saw this picture and thought it was funny.  Everyone doesn't die.  Like 4 people don't. It was nice to read a book that wasn't all together happily ever after and yet at the same time I was pleased with how it ended. 
I'm thinking of getting the cliff notes because I want to make sure that I understood everything.  For example, Cathy gives birth and I'm like Oh!, where on earth did it say she was pregnant.  Darn those old school writers who write and I have no idea what they're saying.  (I am kinda crazy that way.  I had cliff notes for everything in high school and I really liked knowing what was going on.  I think Hamlet was my favorite cliff notes.)  So if I buy the Cliff Notes I'll be reading it again.  Will I own it?  At this point I'm going to say no.  I've read other books that talk of WH and I found teenagers that read it and I don't want my teenagers to read it.  I don't want my teenager thinking that love is like this and that they will die without the one person to make them whole.  Sorry to burst the bubble peeps, but I don't believe in soul mates.  And I find young girls that have that ideal are in for a long, lonely, rocky road.  (I'll step down off the soap box)  But, do I recommend it?  Yes.  I think everyone should read Wuthering Heights.  Now that I'm done reading it I'm going to watch a few movies and see if I like it even more.   The next book (chosen by some random number picking Internet site) is book #36  The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.  VERY excited.  I read it eons ago and am excited to read it as an adult. 

2 comments:

The Rose Family said...

MR J and I read the whole set of the Narnia books when we went on our cruise a few years back. WONDERFUL but addictive. Have fun.

Mikaela said...

Wuthering Heights is one of my favorite books! It really starts out weird, but it gets better.