Friday, 25 February 2011

Maybe

Ok, maybe I jumped the gun a bit on the Wuthering Heights thing.  I read up to chapter 10 last night and I will grudgingly admit that it did get better.  Want to know my favorite part so far?

"My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods:  time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees.  My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath--a source of little visible delight, but necessary." 

That's a great picture.  I can see it and feel it and know what she's talking about.  I find it interesting that she compares her love to Linton to winter.  I'm also intrigued how at 15 year old can feel so strongly about love.  But I guess things were different back then.

As a side note, I think Catherine is horrible.  She's spoiled and just not a nice person.  Anyway, we'll see how far I get today.  I'm glad something finally started happening because I was getting bored.  And that's not a good thing. 

And Rach?  I'm pretty sure that Moby Dick is on my "Classics List"  So I'm REALLY not looking forward to reading it now.  LOL.  Does the BBC have a good version of MD?  LOL.  I think I'm going to go for a Jane Austen next time.  Then at least I'll know that I'll enjoy the BBC version.

1 comment:

The Rose Family said...

So i read a lot of Jane Austen for AP Eng and liked her stuff a lot. So dont' worry about her. PS-- I didn't see the BBC Pride and Prejudice until I'd been married for about 4 years, so I'm judging based on the book first, though Colin Firth is yummy as Darcy. I've not idea about BBC Mody Dick because I was so disgruntled at the book that I ceased to care about the white whale one whit when I got done. The BBC WH is wonderful-- and dark and all of that. It's on Netflix if you get that. Anyway- good luck and congrats on finishing WH.