Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Me

So I know I've done some writing about Gary, but since he's on the upward climb of his battle I haven't had a lot to say.  He's doing better, but the road ahead is (like I said) uphill and a long one.  But his attitude is good for the most part and he's bummed because he's been banned from caffeine while his bones heal.  Poor man.  :)  So I will post occasionally about Gary and what not when something newsworthy comes a long.  He does have his phone and occasionally posts statuses on facebook.  And they are allowing visitors.  So knock yourselves out.  You can facebook me if you have any more questions.

But now it's time to get back to me.  Several times this week I've wanted to post about the goings on in my life but felt as if I couldn't because I'd been talking about Gary.  So I've now fixed that issue and will be getting back to myself soon.  Like tomorrow.  :)  I'm a bit down in the dumps tonight.  Lots of different reasons why from cows in the field around my house (not yet, but soon), to other people getting opportunities and me just feeling like everything is passing me by.  I now have 3 sisters and 2 sister in laws pregnant and 3 sister in laws that had babies in the past 4 months and a friend who recently found out she's pregnant too.  So it's been baby CRAZY.  While I was in the car today with the kids I realized that MY baby is turning 6 in a few months.  (The kids will be 10, 8, 6 this year.  And I'm just flabbergasted by it.  Where has the time gone?)  And it made me sad.  It makes me a little sad because I miss babies.  I miss the cuddle and smelling them when they're fresh out of the bath.  I miss how tiny they are etc.  There's lots about babies I don't miss.  Like the waking up in the night, potty training, rank diapers etc.  But it makes me sad that those days are over for me.  Especially when there are babies EVERYWHERE.  Anyway, I'm just in a funk and it may be a few days before I'm over it, but at least there is no school tomorrow and I can sleep in.  Right?  Right.  Because my kids are old enough to shut my door and feed themselves.  And at least one of them will clear their bowl off the table.  Now if this blasted wind would stop maybe I wouldn't be so cranky.  Oh well.  Anyway, more posts soon I hope.  We'll see what pops into my head. 

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

I know we have had discussions about kids in the past, and even when you feel done, it still can hurt a little hearing of other people's joy. I feel happy for them myself, but just a little envious and sad for me. It's hard to accept my "baby" will be 6 this year. I'm with you, where has the time gone?!

The Rose Family said...

Hey Laura, I guess the Funky moods are world-wide. It's 3:05am here and I am still awake because I'm peeved at my MIL. She lost all of the blessing pics for Fiona and my graduation pics too. so I'm mad and awake while my family is sleeping. Hope that your mood gets better-- seems like there is always something. But I was thinking about you today and wanted you to know.