Saturday, 15 January 2011
Gary Update
Gary has broken his right femur 8 times, the tibia and fibula in the left leg were a compound fracture (where the bone is sticking out of the skin....ew). He had surgery last night and they put a rod in each leg. His pelvis is fractured 4 times (2 on the front and one on each side). He will need more surgery in the future because parts of the tibia and fibula were crushed so they'll need to do bone grafts etc. They are most concerned with infection at this point. His accident happened around 3 yesterday and they didn't get him into surgery until after 9 last night. So they're keeping a watchful eye on him. The last I heard he'll be in the hospital for a week and then sent home in a wheel chair. Mike said he won't be able to work for 6 months. I'd be surprised if he can work in 6 months. But that's just personal speculation. Lisa has asked that people stop calling her and texting her....so if you have been, please stop. You can get more information from Janelle (Lisa's sister), Lynette (RS President) or any of the Quinton clan. We have a phone chain that is going on so once we get solid info we spread it to the family. Keep the prayers coming!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the updates Laura!
Holy cow! I haven't been on blogs for a few days. That's scary/awful/scary all in one. I'll be praying for their little family. I hope the surgery went well.
Post a Comment