That would be the word that describes how I did on my goals last year. Here's what they were:
Spiritually: read the book of mormon 2x and read the Ensign every month. I bombed, both of them. BUT I did read the scriptures almost every day. So although I didn't quite accomplish that one, I did do better than normal. So that's back on the list. As for the Ensign once again, a big bomb. Try it again this year.
Physically: I wanted to lose weight. And I did. At my lowest point I had lost 37 pounds. I gained about 10 while I was back in California and then slowly added another 6 to it since November. So I did do good.
Home: I wanted my kitchen clean every night. Snort. Although I did do better than the year before. I'm happy with my kitchen cleaning skills and hopefully I'll be able to keep doing a good job.
Personal: Less time on facebook. I think that lasted about 3 months. Facebook is the devil. For real. And I also wanted to wear a bathing suit at the lake. Which I did. Yay me. I also wore it most of the summer in California.
Overall: Mediocre like I said. But considering I can't remember the last time I actually and truly tried to keep goals the whole year this is great.
So I also forgot to add on my list yesterday that I want to go to the temple every month and I want to use the Family Search Index and index 100,00 names by this time next year. Having Sunday morning church will definitely help with that goal.
Another key to keeping goals is to keep your list where you can see it all the time. I wrote my personal list on a green slip of paper and it's my book mark in my book of mormon. So I saw it every day. It kept everything fresh. I will say that I only wrote 4 goals down, which are the only 4 I had any success on. So write them down and keep them handy! On a family note our family goals were so good!! We only had to repeat one. So this year as a family we're going to 1. Have morning prayers and 2. Have a garden and keep up with it.
So YAY for new beginnings and for new goals! (I now need to write down all the goals I posted yesterday so I don't forget. Time for a new paper!)
No comments:
Post a Comment