Gary is still in a lot of pain. Lisa noticed his left leg (with the broken tibia and fibula) was black and wanted another x-ray to make sure his ankle wasn't broken. They took an x-ray and there was too much tissue damage and bone floating in there that they weren't sure if it is cracked or broken. So as of yesterday (Monday) they took him in for a full body CT scan. Mike arrived shortly after they were done and all he would say was that Gary wasn't very happy, which is totally understandable. I don't know what the results of the CT scan was, but once I know, I'll let you know. Gary's not getting a lot of sleep either. They check his vitals quite often and for anyone who has been in the hospital for more than one day knows that the nurses wake you every time they start touching you. No matter how careful they are, or how tired you are. So he's not getting a lot of sleep, he's still on a liquid diet, and he's in a lot of pain. He's not supposed to move around too much because of the cracks in his pelvis.
Lisa is doing better. Every day she gets stronger. There's a long road ahead and she knows it. So she's going hour by hour, day by day. She's thankful to everyone who is offering to help and she'll let you know if there's anything you can do for her. She's being well taken care of by her sister and her friend, Kathy. The ward is doing their part too by supplying meals etc. Most of us are just waiting for Lisa to say she needs us. (I was able to help clean her house yesterday and was THRILLED to finally be able to do something. Patience is hard for me.)
The kids seem to be doing ok. I was over there yesterday and Connor and I had a great chat. He's hilarious. I'm not sure how Cassidy is doing, but I know that when Lisa is home there is a lot of snuggle time and just being together. Claire is doing good too. She was a bit fussy yesterday and up quite a bit in the night, but she's a baby. We're thinking she might be going through a growth spurt.
Lisa usually goes to the hospital 2x a day, in the morning and then she comes home in the afternoon to rest and be with her kids and then usually goes in again in the evening and comes home in time to put her kids to bed.
And that's about all that I know right now. I know when Gary first was admitted they were talking of him spending a week in Lethbridge and then being transferred back to the hospital in Raymond. I'm not sure if that is still the case. So I'll try to update the blog every day or so to keep everyone posted.
L
No comments:
Post a Comment