Sunday, 31 January 2010

Meal Plan Monday

This week is going to be insane for me. So I'm posting the meal plan on Sunday again. This week it was a bit harder to decide. We need some new recipes and I actually told Mike that I'm making something new every week. Well, that didn't even make it out of the gate. I mean he said sure, but I can't even find a recipe that would work with the family. I said Creamy Corn Chowder. I got a big NO. I said Mexican Manicotti. Got another NO. My sister suggested Pitas. I didn't even dare bring it up. LOL. So send me your favorite recipes. I am also finding that our Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays have to be quick meals because we have 2 days of things that happen at 5 p.m. and me with a meeting at 7 on one of those days. Pffft. You say, 7. Yes people, we eat dinner late. We're usually done about 6:45. Ok, bring on the menu.

Monday: {Homemade} chicken noodle soup, salad, and homemade buns.
Tuesday: Sloppy Joes, buns, salad {that'd be crock pot sloppy joes}
Wednesday: Baked Pork Chops, broccoli, salad
Thursday: Tacos {Aaron has to plan and prepare a healthy meal for one of his Faith in God requirements. This was the easiest thing I could think of.}
Friday: BBQ'd Chicken, Caesar salad & red baked potatoes
Saturday: Date Night Special: Mac & Cheese and Hot dogs....again. ew. But like I said, I'll be on a date.

And that is it peeps. A bit boring, but I must say that I'm looking forward to those red potatoes. And in case anyone out there was wondering, we have the same thing EVERY Sunday. Roast, potatoes, corn or peas, gravy etc. Sigh. Don't even try to do something different.

Have a great week. This will be my only post besides a quick check in on Fat Tuesday this week. Super busy. {I have to choreograph a 7 minute song. I barely have more than the first page!!! Not to mention, cubs, piano lessons, show choir meeting, town council.....aaaaaaah!!} ttyl, L

No comments: