Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Concerts

I totally forgot that I was supposed to post this. Thankfully my sister kindly reminded me. Now we always have pretty good seats, but my camera just doesn't have the zoom that I'd like. At least a camera that can be hidden in my bag. LOL. No seriously, I don't have a super nice camera with a good lens. I just have a camera that fits in my purse so I can take pictures anywhere. Just your run of the mill camera. So here are the pics of them up close that I Googled.

The show opened with George Canyon. I love his songs. And he's not too bad to look at either. The song that should be playing right now is by him. It's about his little boy. Yes ladies, the man is married. Pity. :D Anyway here is George. He played maybe 10 songs and they were all ones that we knew. So it was fun to just sing out loud and proud. And the best thing about concerts is that it's so loud that you can be screaming and the person next to you can barely hear it. Of course I always wear these little babies because I like to be able to hear when the evening is over. I can remember one concert we went to (I think it was Keith Urban) I didn't have ear plugs and I'm pretty sure the next morning my hearing still wasn't right. So I wear them every concert. They have a permanent home in my purse.

Back to the goods. Alright, after George Canyon we had an hour break (I was SO bored) and then out came the man of the night. I noticed 2 things right away. 1) he is TALL!! All leg. LOL. and 2) he is OLD! Pahahaha. Some men age beautifully
{ahem, George Strait - sigh} But Alan Jackson just looked old. But he did what George Strait does at his concerts and that is just play. He didn't do a lot of walking around they just played song after song after song. It was great! And once again, they were all songs that we know and love. So make sure you listen for the Alan Jackson song after the George Canyon song. LOL. It's an oldie, but a goodie.

Now, for my pics of the night {curse you camera!} When GC first came out he was wearing a Lethbridge Hurricane's jersey. I swear they give one to everyone who comes to preform. He wore it for a bit and then stripped it off, signed it and threw it out in the crowd. They nearly came to blows, but somehow an old lady walked away with it. LOL. Here he is again with is band. If you squint and tip your head sideways you might be able to see him. LOL. He was very good. I would go and see him again for sure.

Alan Jackson was great. I would see him again too, but I doubt that he'll be making his way this way any time soon. From what I understand he came here years and years ago and he'll probably retire before he heads this way again. So it was a great experience. Here he is with his band. Notice the length of this man's legs. Oi. And please don't get me started on the color of his jeans. WHO wears jeans that color? Only Alan Jackson. Along with his trademark White hat.And I swear they're brand new and they've got holes and rips and tears. Wow. He must have paid a pretty penny for those beauts. He had music videos playing on the big screen above him. It was really entertaining. Then he did his song "Where I Come From" and his crew had gone out and videoed all around Lethbridge and for the whole song it showed random places in Lethbridge, like KFC and churches (2 LDS ones). It was great. The crowd loved it of course. And here's the best of the worst pics. I probably took over 100 pics that night, but they all came out blurry. So here's the best of the worst ones. :D We had a great time. The concert was enjoyed by everyone we sat by. And I saw Ky's teacher there and a couple of people from our ward. It was a great night. Our next concert is this little lady. That's right peeps. Reba. In March. Then the same week...wait for it....row 7..... That's right. Tim McGraw. :D Jealous?

No comments: