Monday, 4 January 2010
A New Year
Well the new year is upon us (didn't last year seem to FLY by? I can't remember a year that went by so quickly) and like always my mind is racing with a million things I should be doing to be a better person. Last year I made a huge list and almost printed it on this blog when I realized that there was no way I could accomplish even half of the list without going insane. And it still seems that I have a long way to go. I have decided to pick several things to work on. And I mean really work on them, not to put them aside and forget about them in 3 weeks time. The new year tends to make me a bit depressed too. LOL. The whole "seeing what kind of person I should be" So, to be honest, last year was a great year. I did nothing to improve myself in any way, unless you count my learning the basics of knitting. I can now knit a hand towel that attaches to the handle of the stove and I can knit washcloths. Love them. But I find that knitting is expensive. I wanted to knit a scarf. It would have cost me 15 dollars in yarn to make it. Huh. So not worth it. It was cute though. Maybe one day, if I am ever at Joann's when they have a yarn sale (sorry peeps, no Joann's in Canada). Anyway, this year it's time for me to buckle down. I am going to take a few days to think about what I'd like to do and then I'll post them. But here's a sneak preview. 1) I'm going to lose weight. For reals this time. My mom, who has always been my hero, has lost a LOT of weight in the past 8 months. It is time to get over my natural man tendencies and buck up. 2) I'm going to spend less time of Facebook. Gasp! I know. I've come to the knowledge that one day I'm going to have to atone for my hours and hours and hours squandered on Facebook and I really am hating the day when I have to explain to the Lord why I was on there so much. Yikes. And that's all for now. There are a couple of things I'd like to do still, but I must think them through and see how I can reach my goals successfully. I am sad to know that school starts tomorrow. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a hermit at my house. Not having to go anywhere. That all changes tomorrow. Sigh. Back to the grind. I also am starting to exercise again tomorrow. My knees are screaming in pain just thinking about it. Not looking forward to the double sports bra. But I am looking forward to challenging myself this year and I hope it's a good year for us and the kids. And I hope it's a good year for you too. :) So Happy New Year and I'll be back with my goals in a few days! ttys, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I commend you for putting your goals on your blog. I am a big chicken! I dont want to look back in June and see I had not done one! Good luck on your goals..... how well you feel when I ask about them in 2 months?? LOL
Post a Comment