Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Question for You!!

So, my question is this. Not being a morning person is a real thing right? Right?! {Mike should buy me this shirt and I'd wear it proudly} I'm having a hard time in the morning. I hate waking up no matter what time I go to bed. It doesn't matter if it's 10p.m. or 1a.m. Waking up just rots. I bite the heads of my children and my husband on a regular basis and I realize that I have a problem. I just don't know what the solution is. If I wasn't LDS I would seriously be a coffee person because I just seem to need that quick pick me up so I can function. I find if I have about 30 minutes of people not talking to me and asking me dumb questions and getting in my way that I'm actually quite pleasant. But that wish is usually shattered before I even get out of bed. Now, I guess I could get up half an hour earlier and just have that time to myself to get myself awake and ready to start the day. But I doubt I could make myself get out of my bed any earlier. I HATE getting out of bed. Grumble. Anyway, so friends, send me your solutions. Help a gal out here!

L

6 comments:

KrishasKrew said...

okay so I have no suggestions on how to be a morning person, cuz I hate getting up too-So if you get any good ideas send em my way!
I just wanted to say that whenever I hear this muppets song I think of Christopher, did you know he did this as a lipsync when we where at Ricks- Hillarious- Anyway how did your sharing time go last week?! Hope it went well- our Stake doesn't feel the Secretary needs that much pressure- hehe I was secretary for 3 years- so nice! Now I am 1st counselor though no such luck!!

Stacy Wilson said...

I just stick in my head phones, turn it up and ignore everyone else LOL. Maybe you should get up and set a timer....tell everyone at family night that until the timer goes off they have to leave you alone. If they bug you, don't answer just tell them to check the timer. Explain to them that there will always be plenty of time to do everything that needs to get done after the timer goes off. Maybe set up a reward - if no one bothers you until after the timer goes off then they can have a special treat in their lunch or can have a sugar on their cereal LOL

Christal said...

Well as much as I hate getting up earlier too I do I get up at least an hour before the kids just so I can get a shower read my scriptures and say my prayers and create an atmosphere where we can all be calm and it works! Quite music and low lights and family prayer thats what we do and it really really helps! Miss morning person! ttys

MoxleyH said...

I find my mornings go best when I get in the shower. I have about 20 mins before Justin heads out the door, and I take the whole 20mins of shower time. I find it helps get me going, oh and I have helper named Mickey Mouse. His show, The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on at 700a.m. He keeps one of the girls frozen for about 25 mins, giving me time to shower and get into happy mother mode.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I hate mornings.
enough said.
No, like I really do.
We are such kindred spirits...
p.s. the building a house thing?
is it near me?
(PLEASE!)

Mikaela said...

I don't usually have a huge problem with mornings because I'm a morning person. Don't hate me! But like a few others, I TRY to get up at least a few days before McKay. I prefer to shower, etc before he makes his presence known. So I don't know what to tell you other than that. Oh, and go to bed consistently maybe? I don't know if that's always possible, but I find that I sleep better when I'm in bed around the same time every night?!

Also, good luck on the house thing! Excited for you, even if it's some months away.