I have a new favorite song. And if you wait for my playlist to load, you'll hear it. In the month of January our Primary has been learning this song for the Primary Presentation in October {well, ours is in October}. Hopefully the song will load for you. I'm hoping my internet is a bit slow tonight and that's why it's stopping a million times. As I sit in Primary and the kids sing this song the goosebumps start at the top of my head and go all the way down my finger tips. To hear them say "I know He lives!....I know my Savior loves me" just brings tears to my eyes.
{Under~His~Wing - *Jay*Bryant**Ward***}
The spirit bears testimony to me EACH time I hear them sing. I hope that when the time comes for them to sing that the people in the congregation will be touched as well. Tonight in Family Night we talked about setting goals and why it is important to set goals. We then talked of things we'd like to see our family become better at. We got comments like "score more goals" {that'd be hockey goals against dad in the garage}, "be more kinder to our brother and sister" etc. So here is what we want to work on for this year as a family:
*FHE every week. We tend to slack off on this. We usually have FHE on Sundays because Mike doesn't get home from work until 6 and then it's dinner and dishes and then it's time to get ready for bed, reading, spelling etc. Not to mention there are some months that we don't even get to see Mike because he works until 8 or later. And now we have 1p.m. church. So FHE has been on the back burner the past few weeks as we've trying to get accustomed to later eating and basically we've come to realize we have to MAKE time or else it won't be done. The kids are really good reminders. :D
* Family prayer in the morning. This is something my family has always done, but for some reason it's never happened in our own family. In the beginning it was because the kids got up later or Mike left before we were all awake etc. Then it just got to be me. I was too lazy to get up any earlier. (See my post on not being a morning person). But it's on the list. And it goes hand in hand with the next goal.
*Scripture study. Every night we read out of the Children's Book of Mormon or New Testament or whatever. But we feel that it's time to start reading out of the book itself. Abbie will be in kindergarten in the fall and will be learning how to read so we might as well start now. I can remember when my family started doing this my youngest sisters couldn't read either and we made it through. So we'll be getting up early, reading a chapter and praying and then beginning our day. Maybe this will help my grumpy-ness. Wouldn't that be wonderful?!
*And last Mike wants to have more family time. I KNOW. MIKE. That's what he volunteered. I was shocked. But he's been doing a lot of that lately. Which is grand. All I can think is that he's finally starting to grow up. {It's about darn time} LOL. So once a month we're going to have an activity that isn't family night, where we have fun together. Like bowling or a weenie roast in the yard or a service project of some variety.
And that's it. :) I feel so productive this year. We then encouraged the kids (and us) to have 2 goals and then we are going to check on them every month and see how they're doing. I'm just so thrilled to finally be moving forward. :D
On a personal note. Today was weigh in day. I'm down another 5 pounds. I had a bit of a struggle on Friday, but considering I've been doing this for 2 weeks I'm surprised that this is the first one. But still 12 pounds in 2 weeks. I expect the rapid weight loss to start to taper off now. But it put a little more bounce in my step today at church. Down 12 pounds. No one can tell, but I feel better about myself.
So, have a great week and I'm sure I'll check in again soon. L
2 comments:
Congrats on great goals and one awesome self-discipline to lose weight. I'd make the same offer I made with my friend Taylor last time I was pregnant-- that I'd gain a pound for every pound she lost. It actually was a joke but worked out about that way with her losing 20 lbs and me gaining 20. But I'd rather just be your cheerleader and say-- WELL DONE!!
Good work Rose! I'm cheering you on every day!!! The goals are great too. hopefully we can chat soon.
Post a Comment