Tuesday, 15 September 2009

I enjoy....YOU

I'm finding that at the end of the day there's not a lot I enjoy more than catching up on all of the blogs that I follow. Some of the posts make me smile, some of the pictures make me laugh and it just makes the end of the day a lot nicer. This week seems to be stressful for me. I'm finding myself with headaches (because I'm not eating right) and tired and cranky and not feeling really good by 7 p.m. Just tired and run down I guess. (I'm going to try to go to bed by 10 tonight, but I want a soothing bath, so I'd better hurry up). Anyway, I have been thinking for a few days about something that's been driving me nuts!!! I have a pet peeve about spelling. I cannot stand it when people spell things wrong. Example: I can't believe I'm going threw this. Really? Now we all make spelling mistakes because there are times (especially for me) when my brain goes faster than my hands {remember, I just talked about this yesterday} and so I'll spell pig instead of pit or something like that and the spell checker won't catch it because they are both words that are spelled correctly. Some spelling errors just make me laugh. But there are people I know {facebook friends} who's statuses (is that a word?) have so many spelling mistakes I just want to scream. LOL. I correct my sister's spelling on her blog all the time. I'm sure it drives her nuts, but she admits to being a horrible speller. So I have the solution for you. Firefox. It has a built in spell checker so you never have to click the spell check button ever again. It's quite delightful and I use it daily. Anyway, that's just been something that's been on my mind for a few days. So feel free when I misspell something to get up in my face about it. I might have a vocabulary that tops out at Grade 12 (I honestly sit and read with the laptop on my lap and look up every word I don't know in the online dictionary. It has yet to improve my vocab though), but (back on topic) at least my words are spelled right and I know the difference between its and it's. There and their. Your and you're. Anyway, off to my bath. ttfn

L

ps. the song of the day has to do with spelling. but you have to listen to almost the whole song before you hear the spelling "error" Pahahaha. (Mikaela, our song will be played shortly. We'll save that for another post. lol)

2 comments:

Stacy Wilson said...

The sad thing is that I do have the firefox spell checker thingy LOL. And I know the difference between there and their but sometimes when I type my brain just doesn't pick it up LOL. Although I don't know the right way to spell a lot of words and I get them wrong every time no matter how many times I day I write them, like wierd, recieve, thier, what ever happened to i before e? (yes, I do know those are all spelled wrong LOL)

KrishasKrew said...

Laura- how did you get the super cute font that you use for your date and title of your blog posts? I love it!