Monday, 14 September 2009

I can see clearly now....

Yes, I do believe that the weekend has given me some perspective on the whole PAC thing. LOL. I've had various people ask me what I was smoking. I've had a man in my ward call me Madame President. I've had weird looks from my husband lol ...oh wait....those are normal. And I've had words of encouragement from friends and family and my wonderful PAC members. And I came to realize that I CAN do this {yup, that CAN was made with a sound of slight disbelief} as long as I have their support. I don't have to run this show by myself and so when my life gets crazy (think choreo weeks in November) if there are things that are pressing I can turn to my "team" and I know that they can handle it. But hopefully it won't kill me. And don't give me that line "what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger." That's a load of garbage and you can just take that out to the curb. People wonder why so many people have depression. Especially LDS women who think they have to be perfect. Believe me, I wish I was perfect. But alas, as I type this my house has fallen around my ears. {Don't worry, the kitchen is going to sparkle before Mike gets home tonight} I am not OK with all of my imperfections, but I know what I can and can't do and so if by choreo week I'm ready to call it quits then I will think that this is a lesson learned. :) But like I said, I totally have confidence that this could be a VERY good thing for me. Not to mention, I'm finding that when I'm busier I manage my time a better. So all is good. I've already had some ideas flow into my brain this weekend and it's looking like this could be a fun year. You know, I can see myself going HOG wild when Abbie's in school all day. LOL Katie, bar the door!! Anyway, on to a different topic, I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping up with my blogging like I posted and said I was. I'm still planning on doing my Weigh in Wednesday and my Thankful Thursday. And for now, that's enough. I'll blog on other days too, like today, when I think I have something to say. It was a good idea while it lasted, but really, I'd rather blog when I have something to say, then to blog every day and it be me just flapping my gums for the sake of making a post. Word to your mother. So Mike and I went out this weekend. We started by going to a reception to a girl in our ward that we've both grown fond over. Mike's known her forever and he honest to goodness used to tuck her into bed {when her dad was the YM president. Kylie would ask for the YM to tuck her in} and then we went out for dinner at Tony Romas. It was good. But I can tell you right now (since I've already weighed myself this morning} I gained weight this week. Which is a bit depressing, but I'm just a work in progress people. I only do what I can do. {Remember that not perfect part?} Anyway, it's been a great morning so far. I mean yes, it is 1:30 in the afternoon and my house looks just like it did last night with the exception of bowls on the table from breakfast. But I got the New Moon CD's on Friday and so I started listening this morning on the treadmill. Ahhh, love that Bella and Edward. I just passed the birthday party with the cut arm etc and Edward is driving her home and they're arguing. Sigh. New Moon was my least favorite book of the whole series. I'm not sure how I'm going to do with the audio book OR the movie coming out this November. Although, if the Jacob Black in my mind would have looked like the Jacob Black in the movies, I might have changed from Team Edward to Team Jacob. DANG GINA!!!! and that's all I have to say about that....for now. So I exercised, I've made a few phone calls. I've talked to my sister in law, I've called the Dr's office about a weight program (and once I get more info on this, I'm sure I'll be posting about it) I have showered and done a load of laundry although it has yet to be folded. I talked to both my mother and my sister on MSN this morning. {My sister is making me THE cutest Halloween decorations.....EVER!!! I'll post pictures when they're done. Because I doubt I'll get mine in time for this Halloween. I'll get them in November when she comes up for my 30th BDAY. AAAAAAAHHHHH. So if you're interested in them, once I show them, let me know and I'll get you the deets if you'd like to buy them.} My afternoon is looking to be just as exciting. I'm going to email the principal, just to touch base with some info that he missed during our meeting (long story). I'm going to fold that pesky laundry. I'm going to get my kitchen shining like the top of the Chrysler Building and hopefully the living room too. I'd like to read a bit to Abbie. Have a little snuggle time before the hoodlums come home from school at which time I will deal with agendas, papers, piano practice, books and stories of their day at school. Then I'll start dinner (I'm thinking either Meat Loaf hmmmm, or Garlic Chicken, another hmmmmm). And then it will be bed time routine and then a little me time and then bed and then another day will start. So, now that I've bored you all out of your minds I will ttyl, L

ps. I just re-read the post to make sure that I didn't have any spelling errors that the spell check doesn't catch. I must apologize. I know I have this problem, but I can't seem to change it. See, my brain goes 100 mph and I just expect people to catch up with me. So I jump from one topic to another with usually an AND or a SO in between. So I hope you guys can catch up with my brain and my random trains of thought that seem to leave the station as I'm on a different train. Let see I go from talking about the PAC, to perfection, to blogging, to date night with Mike, to my depressing weight gain, to talking about my day, to drooling over Jacob Black, back to my day, etc. That is just random and I'm sorry if I lost you with the first change of subject. It :D It appears that my train just jumps tracks in the middle. LOL. ttys, L

2 comments:

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

so far, I'm keeping up perfectly.
You're a nut. A good nut.
Do you like your treadmill?

Stacy Wilson said...

LOL, the sad thing is that I talk to you so much I don't even notice the jump in tracks LOL.