Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Something You Might Not Know

I like to eat my ice cream with a spoon. "Don't we all," I can see you thinking. But I like to eat mine with plastic spoons. But not just any plastic spoons, big, fat, thick plastic spoons that my kids usually eat their yogurt and sometimes their dinner with. I'd call them "toddler" spoons because that's when we bought them. They're not infant spoons, but the step above them I guess. I'm the only one who uses them now and I just use them for eating ice cream. But I just love how wide they are for little kid spoons. Hmmm. I don't know if this is because I can't stand cold metal on my teeth or if it's because I can't handle the scraping sounds a certain husband of mine does while he's slurping and re-eating his ice cream over and over or if it's as simple as the frozen yogurt places always give you a plastic spoon. (And by re-eating I mean he puts the spoon in his mouth and then out comes a little less ice cream on the spoon and he does it over and over and over until I'm ready to scream.) Now, don't get me wrong, I don't chew my ice cream, but I put the spoon in my mouth and get all the ice cream off and let it melt away. I don't re-issue the same ice cream over and over again. Nasty. Anyway, but there you have it. I love plastic spoons for my ice cream.

2 comments:

erin said...

We have those exact ones! But I go one step further. We also have the infant version of these (smaller head, thinner handle--but still plastic) that I use for yogurt and pudding cups. They just fit perfectly in those little cups.

Lauren said...

You Richins and your food noises!! A night does not pass that Christopher "asks" me to stop scraping my fork on my teeth. :)

Now my kids are doing it. "Mom, your hitting the fork on your teeth again."