Friday, 5 September 2008

Sad

I sit alone in the house on a Friday night, well not ALONE alone, the kids are here, but are all quietly sleeping. As apposed to sleeping loudly. Anyway. I'm sitting here after a day from hades. I have been soooo busy today. I played the piano for show choir this afternoon and that stresses me out like no other because I can't sight read worth a darn. So I have to practise practise, practise. And I got the music....YESTERDAY. So most of last night and all of this morning I've been on the piano. So my house and the kids have been neglected to say the least. My house looks like a tornado has blown through it. There are dishes on the counter that have been there since Sunday. Yes, I said SUNDAY. I HATE it when the house gets like this. It just makes me so mad that I can't stay on top of it. And it makes me madder that I'd rather sit here and type this up then be in that nasty old kitchen. Or doing laundry, or dusting, or sweeping or anything else I SHOULD be doing right now. Anyway, back to the point. So, it's been a crazy day. After show choir I went right into Lethbridge. My glasses were ready (finally) and so I ran quick to get them. And I stopped at Walmart because we're out of a few essentials. Like Cheese. I can't live without eating cheese. And don't even expect me to eat a salad unless it has cheese on it. Everything is better with cheese on it. Anyway, I am digressing...again. Ok. So my feet are killing me after 3 hours in Lethbridge (although the shoes were so cute it was totally worth it) so the thought of standing in the kitchen doing dishes makes me want to cry. So I get on the internet because I haven't had 5 minutes to check out anything today. As I'm viewing all the updated blogs I came across the story of a family of 6 (mom, dad, 4 kids) and the parents were in an airplane crash and aren't doing very well. The dad has 30% burns on his body and the mom has 80%. This is totally reminding me of the book Burning Within. If you haven't read it, find it. Mom and dad have it, so if you're close enough to borrow it, do it. It will change your life. Anyway, so the story was sad and a bit depressing. I transferred over to the mom's sister's blog and she's keeping everyone updated on the status of the dad and mom and how the kids are doing. Anyway, sheesh, this is taking me a long time to spit out. So the sister writes on a separate blog and I just happened to click on a link and it sent me here. And I just cried and cried and cried. I have been so emotional lately that it's making me mad because I'm not used to crying all the time. Sheesh. It makes me SO tired. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this post is amazing and you need to read it. But don't just read the post, read the comments too. It made me reflect on my trials and my bumps (or lack there of) in life and it just reminded me once again that if you want to have answers to life's all important questions, all you have to do is ask. But the further away you are from living the way our Father wants us to live, the longer it COULD take you to find your answer. I marvel when I realize that I am not the only one struggling. And I must say that I'm THANKFUL that I can write on my blog because I can get feedback and it lets me know I'm not alone. And I'm thankful for other's blogs to let me know that I'm far from being the ONLY one with problems and questions and worries. So, enjoy her post and hopefully it will touch you like it did me. L

1 comment:

Mike and Em said...

Hey, I actually came across this blog last week. It is so touching. It makes me extremely grateful for family. Some people really get what life is about. I hope that you are having a better day.