Sunday, 14 October 2007

Trip to Kalispell

So on Friday we decided to "spur of the moment" head to Kalispell for the night and for all of Saturday. We booked a cheap room through Hotwire and spent way too long in the car on the way down (compliments of the Del Bonita border closing at 6 p.m. so we had to turn around and go through Carway. Del Bonita is outside of Magrath (which on the way to cardston) and Carway is the border through Cardston. So we finally made it to Kalispell around 9:30 and had dinner at 10. I sent Mike to Taco Bell because when I was at my mom's I had this awesome chicken southwest bowl or something like that and it was to die for. Well, Mike didn't even ask the guy. So he brought me back nasty nachos. Exactly what I didn't want. So needless to say I wasn't overly happy. The kids were awake by 6:30. Once again, not too overly happy, but what can you do? Not much. :) So I got up and got showered and got all the kids dressed and we waited for Mike to get up and get dressed (after we were all up and ready to go). Then we spent the day shopping. It was delightful and we found some good deals. It was a lot of fun (in my opinion) and we got started on our Christmas shopping. I also went to Jo-Anns and bought some material for the kids' Halloween bags. And while I was there they gave me a flyer and they're having a sale next week. So we'll be going back down to Great Falls next Monday. :) LOL. With the dollar being so good there is no reason not to shop down there. For example. Our printer's ink cartridge is 45 bucks at Walmart up here. We got it at Target down there for 25. Hmmm. And the list could go on and on, but I won't bore you. So anyway, this week is going to be a week from Hades. I have so many meetings and so much going on that I'm already in a bit of a panic. Monday I have the YW President coming over to use our computer to print out some recipe cards for the YW. I have to go to Ky's preschool to get some stuff worked out to send out my Discovery Toys fundraiser. Then in the afternoon I'm meeting with the RS President and we're going over the Visiting Teaching. Our Visiting Teaching Coordinator is in Quebec for the next 6 months and Janice just wanted to call someone else to the calling. But I told her that Carmen is really good and I didn't want to release her so I'll just step in for a bit. Tuesday I've got a meeting at 8:45 in the morning with the Parent Advisory Board for the school. Wednesday I've got Abbie's preschool and then that night I am meeting with Sue and we're going over the routine for the show choir, which I'm kind of nervous about it. She told me at our meeting on Friday that I have to learn the whole dance and I stand on a tall wooden platform and dance while she calls out the steps and stuff. I just about died. I'm sure the girls are going to love and overweight coach. But whatever. I'll just need to remember to wear a sports bra. Sheesh. So we're going to work out the dancing Wednesday night. She has most of the dance steps worked out. I just have to fill in my part. Which is the chorus line. And basically I have too much. Too many ideas and it's not fitting into the music. So for the next 2 days I'm going to be learning her part of the dance, the song that goes with the dance and figuring out the chorus line for the reindeer (did I mention this was a Christmas production?) Thursday right after school we're supposed to meet with the girls and have our first lessons. Thursday night, Mike and I are going to the long awaited Brad Paisley concert. Friday is looking to be a down day right now, but knock on wood because I know something will come up. Saturday is our ward's Super Saturday and it is running from 9a.m. until 3 p.m. Which means, being a part of the presidency I'll be there from 8a.m. until 4 or 4:30. Plus getting all my crafts done and everything else I'm supposed to do. At some point during this week I am supposed to do some of my crafts at home so that they don't take up so much time on Saturday and I can help others. So squeeze that in some time. Probably Friday. Anywho, I'm supposed to be cleaning off the computer desk right now. LOL. Sigh. So tonight for FHE we had the normal fhe and then for activity we tried on costumes. Oh my. Abbie's fits perfect (bought on clearance last year in hopes that it would fit this year). She needs minor alterations. Like Velcro on her wings so that they stay upright. But she's just adorable!! Aaron talked his dad into a Spiderman costume. Sigh. He was supposed to be a fireman. But whatever. So he tried on his costume and Mike and I were dying. It's the one with all the muscles and so here he is with Mike's chicken legs in this skin tight (not really too bad) costume with muscles. His mask is good. His head is a bit too big, but whatever, we won't tell him that. Ky's costume bombed. It doesn't even fit and there's nothing I can do to fix it short of scissors and a sewing machine and I don't sew. So we'll have to find something for her. (in Great Falls I'm thinking) So have a great week and I'll ttyl. L

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

Wow, you are super busy! Maybe having just one kid isn't so bad afterall! I can't wait to hear about the Brad Paisley concert. I hope you will be posting on Friday about it. Who is playing with him? We had a great time in May when we saw him. So I can't wait to hear!