Friday, 3 August 2007
So funny I forgot to laugh....
My dad is very interesting to me. He was gone a lot while I was growing up and as a result of that we aren't that close. We can chat on the phone for about 2 minutes before I can't think of anything else to say and I ask for mom. I find it really sad, but there isn't a lot that I can do to change the past. But I always find it funny to come home. For some reason, my dad always treats me like I'm a kid. For an example. When I came home for Christmas my first year at college, Mike Heller took me out on a date and my dad asked that we be home by 11. Choke. I know I clenched my teeth when I said ok. (Now I watch my sisters come in and out of the house without barely even asking permission as long as they're home by 12). And even now as a 27 year old coming up on 8 years of marriage with 3 monkey children, my dad still treats me like a child. With a few words I feel like I'm 12 again. And it drives me crazy! I blame a lot of it on myself. I don't know how to really act around my dad at times and he can "bully" me into feeling bad about things. I don't know. It's hard to explain, but the point of this blog was that several times during my stay here, my dad has made me feel like a little kid instead of an adult. Is that normal? LOL. Anyway, things are still looking good. Mom and the girls are kicking it up in Pepperdine. From the rumor spreading around the house, it seems they met Dick Van Dyke this morning at where ever they were eating breakfast. I didn't get too many details. Funny, I'm the one cooking and cleaning and taking care of everything and I haven't talked to mom once. Sheesh. But anyway, mom should be home tomorrow night and then Saturday we're cleaning and doing who knows what as Shae and Kristin are blessing Jackson on Sunday. So Sunday will be a big family dinner and then bright and early Monday morning Pard, Dad and Mom are all heading out to drive back east to take pard and his cars home. So then it will be just me and my 3 sisters and the kids. Except for next Saturday when I have volunteered to take Jackson for the weekend so that Shae and Kristin can celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary. Must be nice to get away for an anniversary. I wouldn't know. LOL. But in 10 days Mike and I will celebrate our 8th! Wow. It seems just like yesterday. NOT! You know with the kids it does seem like yesterday, but being married does not seem like yesterday. LOL. Anyway, I'm starting to look forward to going home. I'm ready for my own space and to get back into my groove. So have a great day and we'll talk again soon! ttyl, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
when are you heading back? i miss you! lol! you're not even my neighbor, but i miss knowing more of what's going on. you haven't posted as much since you've been there. you know how i rely on your blog! hehe! so your brother has a baby already? how old? well obviously small if he's being blessed. talk about FAST, FAST, FAST! i was slow, waiting nearly 4 years to have baby #1...and i should also mention, baby # ONLY! hehe! yeah, i'll keep you abreast (sorry, i'm thinking pervertedly now) of the foster-care stuff!
Shae and Kristin had a honeymoon baby! LOL. I'm watching him this weekend so they can celebrate their 1st anniversary! LOL. I will be home on the 18th. :D I love that I'm being missed!
Post a Comment