Tuesday, 28 August 2007
Home again....naturally
So, I'm home again and all is well. Sort of. :D The funeral was good. I cried...a lot and it was sad, but I'm so glad that I went. I think it is so important to go to funerals of family and friends because I think it shows your family that you love and support them. I played a musical number during the funeral and did ok. I was shaking so bad by the end of it, it was kind of funny. And it is SO hard to play the piano when you're shaking. :) But I was pleased even if I did miss a few notes. I left CA on Saturday and flew into Great Falls at 11 p.m. to find out that I'd left a light on in the car and the battery was dead Dead DEAD! I didn't know what to do. I didn't even know where Mike kept the jumper cables. So i went back into the airport and the security guard (who was young and good looking - not that I was looking, but hey, I'm not blind) jumped the car for me (it took about 4 tries to get it to go). Then I was scared to shut the car off, but I HAD to get gas because I didn't think that the gas station in Shelby would be open at 1 a.m. So I drove around great falls for about 20 minutes then got brave and got gas and then started the drive home around 12:45 a.m. I had my Red Bull and a Go Girl with me in the car and I ended up drinking them both because after about an hour I could feel my eyes starting to get sticky and so I sipped the Go Girl for about a half an hour and it was great! I made it home by 2:30 a.m. and fell right to sleep. We got up around 9 and I found out that Saturday night my sister-in-law's sister got into a car accident right by our house and was life flighted to Calgary. She's 16 and isn't doing too good right now. So our thoughts and prayers are with Crystal and her family. School starts tomorrow and I'm going out tonight to get some stuff for school lunch. I'll be driving Aaron to school tomorrow and picking him up from school and then he'll be riding the bus every day. hip hip hooray. :D Anyway, that's about it! Hopefully I'm here to stay for a few months. Have a great day! ttyl, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so sorry again, to hear about your grandma. I'm glad you were able to go to the funeral though. Good luck with the first day of school, and keep us informed about your SIL's sister!
Car accidents are going around-- my sister in law was in one yesterday also-- thankfully, no permanent damage, though her little girl needed a plastic surgeon. Good luck starting school!
Hey girl so glad your home safe ! Sounds like an adventure to get home! I'm glad the funeral went good as far as funerals, sad as they are eh. Chelsea is still in a coma on facebook there is a group set up and alyson is keeping everyone informed on how she is-- Scary stuff thats for sure!! Ryan C. called us from LRH at 10:30 sat night then about 5 other people it was a busy night so sad and scary. We'll I'm excited to see you do you have any idea when RPP starts?? And for sure kindergarten doesn't start tomorrow right?? Don't want to miss it!! Well TTYL CB
Hey Laura, I'm glad you and Pard were able to make it to Grandma's funeral. I'm sure it meant a lot to everyone, especially your dad and grandpa. I'm sorry about Crystal's sister. That is really scary. Hope she is okay. Post some pictures of the first day of school when you get them.
Rosie!!!!!
You never said you had trouble after you landed!!! I wondered why you were home so late. Dead battery huh? scary any time - much less at 11pm. So sorry for Crystal - hope things are OK
Post a Comment