Ok, so I know I've been slacking, but I have good reasons (see other blog for those reasons). So my friend Rach has also been slacking on her blogging experiences and so I'm going to take a page from her blog. Because I really liked the layout and it was perfect.
School:
Abbie had her first preschool today. I normally don't like the Parent Preschool program, but they've made some changes and so today was the first time we got to experience the new program. I really liked it. I'm sure I'll have my days where I don't like it, but so far so good. Which is saying a lot out of me. ;) Aaron loves school and I love him because he loves school. He leaves on the bus at 7:45 in the morning and doesn't get home until after 4. It feels so weird to have him gone the whole day, but it's something I'm getting used to real quick. Ky also goes on the bus and she's just in preschool so she's only going 2 days a week. Monday & Wednesday. So far so good on her front too. I'm doing Discovery Toys for the preschool again this year (I think it's an every year deal) and so I'm trying to get that all organized. Um, I also have a Mike update. Mike has decided not to take the CA exam this year. He doesn't feel prepared and has decided to take it next year. Which I am both sad and happy to hear. One day we will pass this (*##%(* test. Anywho, I don't want to talk about that. I was called today by Aaron's teacher and was told that she'd be glad to have me as Class Mom! Yipeee! I'm way excited! My mom was always involved in the schools that we went to and I've always wanted to do the same. Have my finger on the pulse and be in the know of what's going on. So Room Mom here I come! Tonight is also Meet the Teacher Night. We'll see how that goes.
Church
RS calling is good. We're starting to get a bit busy. My sister in law Crystal was called as the 2nd counselor while I was gone and it's a delight working with her. We have a pie & chili bakeoff on Friday that we're trying to get ready for and then we've already got the wheels going on Super Saturday in October and starting to think of what kind of Christmas Program to do (if anyone has any ideas, let me know!) Aaron gave his 2nd talk this year in Primary this past sunday and he did a great job. He's such a good boy! Mike is taking the YM & YW hiking on Saturday and he actually invited me to come! So even though it's going to be an expensive trip (babysitter wise) I feel it's going to be worth it. But I'll be grumpy on Sunday I'm sure!
Baby plans:
We've reached the consensus that we're going to try one more time for baby #4. For those of you who don't know (I can't remember if I wrote about this or not) I miscarried a second time in June. So we've spent the summer really really trying to listen to what the Lord would have us do. So we'll give it another try. If I miscarry again then it will probably be over. I'd like to adopt or maybe do foster care, but we'll cross those bridges when we get to them I guess. So if I haven't said I'm pg by Christmas then you'll have to assume the worst. I'm trying to be positive, but I'm scared. So we'll see.
Anyway, I think that's about all. Have a good one and I'll try to be better at this!
2 comments:
Hey I'm room mom to for Kolten's class fun!! We rock eh!! Anyway I'm dragging darren to the thing tonight so if he knows where to get kolten if he needs to and knows his teacher too!!! So I'll probably see you tonight!!
Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your MC! I hadn't heard that before this post! How stressful for you. I think we've pretty much given up on having more kids. It's a painful decision, and I'm still really angry everyday (well most days at least) but it's not mine to make. I'm glad that things are moving along in your calling and everything though. Sounds like you guys are busy, busy!
Post a Comment