Friday, 14 September 2007

My name is...

My name is Laura Quinton. I'm 27 years old and I'm addicted to Nancy Drew PC games. I play them for hours into the night much to my husband's dismay. They are so much fun and I can feel my brain working. Most of the time. I have yet to complete one though without the help of a walkthrough, so obviously, I'm not as smart as I think I am. But it's a good exercise for my brain. :) Anyway, the real reason why I'm writing is because I'm glad to be back and active on the blogger front again. I had gotten out of the habit of writing and I forgot how wonderful it feels to express my feelings and to use this somewhat as a journal. (My mom said I should print out the pages and keep them because she thinks my kids will find them humorous in another 20 years.) So I'm just writing to say I'm back, and I'm better than ever. Not really, same old me. Our ward is having a Pie & Chili cook off tonight. So my chili is simmering in the crock pot and I'm looking at my watching and figuring out how much time I have until I REALLY have to start cleaning before I get the sitter. LOL. Which will be as soon as I'm done here. We also had the missionaries for dinner last night. I sure love those missionaries. I just love missionaries in general. They're such good boys and I just love having them in our home and sharing food and laughing. Anyway, so that's it in a nut shell. Oh wait! I almost forgot. I'm going on a hike tomorrow. Mike invited me back when I was at my mom's. (he might be regretting it now). Anyway, the YM and YW are hiking up somewhere to see some caves and I'm going. I'll be regretting it on Sunday when I can't sit down. I mean seriously, this is the woman who got a wicked sore arm after playing tennis on the Wii. I am such a loser. So I've heard that it's about 3 miles straight up. So I'll be crying on Sunday. So think of me and try hard not to crack a smile. ttyl, L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU AND YOUR DAD WILL BE CRYING AT THE SAME TIME.... DAD IS CLIMBING HALF DOME AT YOSEMITE AS I WRITE. THERE WILL BE TWO OF YOU NOT WALKING ON SUNDAY :) AND THE REALLY FUNNY PART IS - HE IS SPEAKING AS A HIGH COUNCIL COMPANION - THAT OUGHTTA BE CUTE!

lauralquinton said...

I wasn't crying too bad yesterday, but today I am ready to die. Hmm, maybe the next time you guys come up we'll send dad out with the YM and Mike. We'll see which one's harder. LOL.