Tuesday, 25 September 2007

Picture Day

So, since I am on the Parent Advisory Board for the Elementary School, I was volunteered to help at picture day yesterday. What a day it was! It went pretty smooth. We had 2 preschool classes, a class of 3 year old (that did NOT want their pics taken) and then all of the 3-6th graders. (Remember, Raymond is a small town, so there were about 3 or 4 glasses in each grade I think). Anywho, so I was up by the camera guy keeping the kids moving through etc etc etc. Can I just tell you what a migraine I had when I came home from that stupid flashing light!! He'd take 2 pics of each child - just in case- or whatever. So I saw that flash go off probably 200-300 times yesterday - if not more. I could close my eyes and all I could see were spots and swirls and even when I closed my eyes when the flash went off my eyelids would explode in red and yellow. It was so annoying. But it was a good day other than starving to death, which really shouldn't be a problem with me. Gail (my mother inlaw) watched Abbie for the day and Ky went home with a friend from preschool. So I didn't have too many worries. Most of the kids were well behaved and we got everyone done by lunch except for the afternoon preschool class. So we were done by 1. Then I went to Karli's to pick up Ky and I played the Wii (which we will be getting for Christmas!!) for a bit then we went to get Abbie. Then home we went in time for Aaron to get off the bus. So it's been a good day. This week is going to be crazy though. Tomorrow is Mike's birthday and he doesn't want us to go to the office with cake or anything. So I'm not going to push it. I've got enough to do. Tomorrow I teach Abbie's little preschool group (the mom's) So I have to pull that together today. Thursday is Pizza day at the school and since I'm the room mom in Aaron's class I think I have to go to that too. We also have a RS meeting on Thursday at my place. Friday we're going to the temple, Saturday I've got the RS General Broadcast and then a group of us ladies head into Lethbridge and have a little snack. :) Then Sunday is fast Sunday and I've got to get out Sister to Sister, the Calendar, and the new phone list. Sunday is the last day of the month and our Vting coordinator is gone to Quebec so I get to make phone calls about the vting so I can do my report. :) So the next week is just going to fly by and I'm going to try to get through it all. I'm sorry that I haven't been writing. I am still waiting for the pics. So one day I'll tell the story about the mountain I climbed. Although I do need to mention that both of my big toe nails are bruised. It looks like I've got some nasty disease!! Oh and I forgot to mention that it snowed last week too. I did take some pics of that, but they didn't turn out too well. I'll see if I can post them. ttyl, l

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

My Word Chick! How do you find the time to do anything at all when you're chasing this kid and that kid here, there, and everywhere?????? You're my hero! I seriously have nothing to do anymore...yesterday I spent 2 hours organizing and cleaning McKay's room. I think I'm just going to go one room at a time this week and get them all organized. Maybe I should tackle the office! lol! Who am I fooling? I'm leaving that for Charles!