Sunday, 19 August 2007
Sad news
It's sad that my 101st post has to be a sad one. But in case you haven't read my family blog I'll need to let you know that my Grandma Richins passed away on Saturday afternoon. (I don't know how old she was, in her late 70's. Maybe 77) She hadn't really been feeling well the day before and she got up Saturday morning and fell/collapsed so they took her to the hospital and she died around 3 p.m. We were already back home in Raymond by this time and I found out when I called my mom to let her know that we arrived safely home. I'm still in shock over it. It doesn't seem real, but I know that reality will come crashing down at the funeral. So Thursday morning I'll be driving back down to Great Falls, getting on a plane and spending Thursday, Friday and Saturday at home. The funeral will be held Friday and I'm scared to death. I've never been to a funeral of a loved one before. I have a serious aversion to dead bodies (compliments I think to CSI and all other shows where they show dead bodies on the morgue slabs.) and the fact that I think it's a little creepy. I had an uncle die several years ago from colon cancer, but Aaron was just a little baby and I wasn't able to go to the funeral. So this will be the first funeral I've attended of someone close. And I'm dreading it. I haven't really cried too much other than the initial shock of it all, so I know that on Thursday I'm going to be a mess. So blow me a kiss and wish me luck. Love, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Laura: I'm so glad your home can't wait to see you --- but sad your grandma died!! If you need anything please let me know do you have the kids taken care of?? Is mike going with you?
So here is your hug--- Take care and as far as funerals go I 'm sure it will be a beautiful one and we know we'll see them again so that makes it all the better!!!
Love ya and talk to you soon . Glad you made it home safetly. cb
Post a Comment