So a friend of mine recently wrote on her blog how her son is "throwing off her groove". That totally reminds me of this family! And not in the sense that you think. Last night (Sunday) we sat around the house with Dee's boyfriend, Matt, and with Kellan, my other sister's friend. And all we did for HOURS was throw out lines from our favorite movies. They generally ran in the Disney category, but Shrek was thrown in a few times as well as a few non-animated shows. I am just amazed at my sisters' memories. They can watch a movie once and a year later they're still quoting lines. I have to listen to it over and over and over before I get it. They're quoting and quoting and I'm like ...What movie is that? And then they'll say and then they'll ask if I've seen it and I'll say Yeah, but only once and they say, yeah me too. Tootie heads! But it's quite fun. We all have our favorite lines from movies and it's hilarious to see who remembers what from what movie. I think my all time favorite is the Incredibles where Ice Man is looking for his Super Suit. Mike and I say that dialogue all the time! "Where IS my super suit" "WHY do you need to know?" "I NEED IT" etc. And speaking of Mike, I think he really misses me. LOL. When we talked on Sunday he actually invited me to go hiking with the YM and YW. Mike has never invited me to do anything with the youth. Every August they have a joint activity where they go water skiing and I've tried to come and to bring the kids for 2 years and every year he has a small bird (a canary or humming bird) and thinks of a million reasons why we can't go. It's so annoying. So I think he really must be missing me to let me come. LOL. Anyway, things are going good here. Mom, Dad and Pard left this morning to head back to Virginia. They stopped in UT today and will be going to Martin's Cove tomorrow and on to Nauvoo and back that way. So it's just me, the kids and my 3 sisters. Which basically means my one sister because 2 of my sisters have boyfriends and jobs so they are never home. LOL. Which isn't too bad. :D Anyway, that's about it. We'll be home next Saturday and I'm looking forward to it. Oh and before I forget, I saw an old flame on Sunday and it was so awkward. My sisters and I were laughing so hard, it was just embarrassing. I really liked this guy in high school and now I just shake my head. He's still a nice guy, but he always reminded me of Kelso from that 70's show. And now he's all grown up and serious and has a wife and 2 kids and is going to become a CHP. He bore his testimony on Sunday and then after we talked for a few minutes and he shook my hand. It was so formal it was creepy. But it made for good laughing material later. LOL. Oh, and did I mention he shaved his head, and that didn't help anything either. Here's a pic of us at our Senior Prom. :D ttyl, L
6 comments:
That is so funny laura an old flame!! Fun times eh!! Cute picture too!1 We sure miss you here!! Its finally cooled down and actually feels like we can get something done!! Like run or something its been horrible here!!! If you need a babysitter for your hike day Im always here and there are always good movies playing at my house!!! LOL
Well have fun and see ya soon!! cb
HOLY COW! Nice pic, La-Ura. I haven't thought about Prom in for-evah! I'd totally forgotten about Mike's fro! My hubby was looking over my pic from that prom a while ago and all the other dances and asked me why I kept going with guys that were sooooo much taller than me. I said so I could wear heels and then we laughed like crazy! Seriously though, weird to see anyone from back in the day. I saw Jerusha and Alan together once and I did a quadruple take! I'd forgotten that they were together and couldn't believe my eyes. Anyway- nice pic and I'm glad your hubby is missing you. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
I don't even want to relive my past dance pictures, so you're brave! LOL! I always ended up going w/ some weird-o, creepy guy. I was too nice to say no! I'm glad Mike's missing you. He should, you've been gone FOREVER! I'm missing you too! lol! I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Cali! Thanks for the update and the cute pic. Oh, and it is weird to run into someone you used to have a crush on, and who is totally different now!
You know, he actually kind of looks like Kelso!! Haha! It really is funny bumping into old flames... one of my ex-boyfriend's parents live near me, so I see them from time to time and have to "catch up." It's funny but strange sometimes!
Thanks for sharing this picture!!
Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls
HA!! I totally see the Kelso thing! Great throwback!
:) that is funny. wonderful pic.
Great throwback
Post a Comment