Monday, 30 July 2007

Boundaries

About 8 or 9 years ago my parents ward split. They no longer called the wards Yuba City 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc any more either. All the ward boundaries changed and they all got new names like Hilcrest and Feather River Ward etc. At that time I was in college, only coming home 2x a year (2 weeks in August when they closed Ricks down for cleaning and 2 weeks in December for Christmas), so the boundary change didn't effect me too much. But it was a shock none the less. Growing up there were about 8 of us that were all the same age and we mostly hung out at school and basically we all grew up together. When they split the wards only 3 of my friends were still in my ward. So every time I did come home I only saw a couple of my friends at church and never saw too many of my old leaders and my friend's parents etc. (Because of course I'd still see my friends, but it was so weird not to see them at church anymore). Anyway, so trying really hard here to make a long story short. Yesterday they changed the ward boundaries again. And my parents have been put into the ward with all of my "old" friends. Of course, not many live here any more, but their parents do and so it's still fun. So on Sunday I will be seeing people who haven't seen me for 8 years! When they changed the boundaries on Sunday they had our "old ward" and the "new ward" meet together and I was shocked at the changes in some of the people. (I'm sure they were shocked with me too because I am no longer blond, I'm 40 pound heavier and oh yeah, I have 3 kids. LOL). But it was just wild. A part of me is so excited to go back to our "old" ward, but at the same time there are some awesome families who are still in my parents old ward that I will miss. So I'm going to have to make an effort when we come back to see them or I could go years without seeing them. Sigh. But I'm excited for the changes!! (PS to Rach and Erin, our families are once again in the same ward. Except this time, the Funks are in the other ward still. They should have done that 8 years ago!) Anyway, if you understood all of this rambling congrats! ttyl, L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a boundary change 1.5 years ago and it was very interesting. Lots of hurt feelings and it was very hard for some people to get used to new people and new callings. Still, there are those who want to go back to their old wards as they were there for 30 years. Change is hard! I'm sort of glad I got to stay where I started.