Wednesday, 18 July 2007
Tuesday - Les Miserables
So Tuesday night we hired our best babysitters - my sisters! and my mom and dad and Stacy, Paige (sisters), Pard and Lauren (brother and his wife) and I went to Les Miserables. I haven't seen Les Mis since I was in high school. During my junior year (I think) mom took me to San Francisco and we saw Les Miserables. It was sooo good. I had the opportunity to see it again in London (England), but I saw Phantom of the Opera ( and have regretted it ever since). But anyway, I'm rambling. So we left the house and went to MiMi's to eat. I had never been there and the food was ok. The waitress seemed to keep screwing up the orders - in small ways. But we ate and heaven forbid I keep my white shirt white. Within minutes of eating the best raisin (and I don't like raisins) carrot nut bread ever I realized a raisin had dropped onto the table and was now smeared across my shirt. FOR THE LOVE OF GRACE! Did I mention that I don't like raisins? Then it happened again 10 minutes later. I guess I didn't get the whole raisin the first time. SIGH. Then we were off to the show and it was great. I loved the performance. It was held on a round rotating stage so it felt as though the play was going on around us. It was just so much fun. The singers were great although the cop Javert had a serious spitting problem when he sang, but it was good none the less. Les Mis can be crude at times, but I think it is one of my most favorite plays. I wish that we had the opportunity to go to more plays. In Sacramento they have a summer theater called Music Circus ( and at one time it was held in a tent like structure) and they have 7 shows during the summer and you can buy season tickets or you can just go to individual shows and the shows this summer looked so good! My parents used to buy season tickets while I was in high school and if my dad couldn't go she'd take one of us kids. My last play at the music circus was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and it was so good. But anyway, so the play was great. I wish there was something like this in Lethbridge. Although there is something kind of like this in Cardston. Maybe we need to go to that. Even though there are 3 productions instead of 7. I think Oklahoma will still be playing when I get home (doubting that Mike will go with me, but whatever). It was a good evening and it was nice to be in the middle of my sisters and to make snide comments about Javert and about the gay acting inn keepers. LOL. It was a great evening!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha, the spitting Javert! Too funny! I'm glad you had a nice time with your sisters and family. I've been missing your posts, I'll confess it. Also, you really did miss a good production of Les Miserables in London. You should've gone with us...then maybe we could've become BFFs a day earlier! hehehehe!
Post a Comment