Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Fat Tuesday

So I need to explain a few things real quick before I do my normal Tuesday post. My laptop has officially pooped out on me. So I'm stuck in the toy room on the "normal" computer we've had for at least 5 years. Do you know how much crud one accumulates on a computer in 5 years? Do you even want to know how S*L*O*W this computer is? I'm nervous to put my pictures on it because I'm ready for it to do a nose dive any day. I have several memory sticks floating around with my music and some pictures on them because I'm scared to death that I'm going to lose everything.

Now I can see that you're asking yourself "who the heck cares?" But I'm just informing you this is why the kids' blog hasn't been posted on. It's because I'm afraid to download pictures to a computer that's going to take 3 hours to load everything and then I'm going to lose everything. I'm trying to convince Mike that we need a new whatever these things are called (you know the boxy thing that IS the computer). He doesn't seem to care too much. But that's typical. So maybe once the taxes are done (hopefully before November) we can get a new boxy thing and I can be safe with my pictures and music for another 5 years.

PS. I think laptops are a waste of money. Yes, they're fantabulous to have so you can take them everywhere, but they break very easily and I'm really annoyed with mine right now. It is now the gaming computer because that's the only thing it can do without freezing up.

On to Fat Tuesday. Today I am down 1.8. I am at the weight were I was last time when I stopped being so vigilant with my weight watching skills. So it's all new territory from here! I am so excited. So excited in fact that I'm rewarding myself with a slice of bread with peanut butter and a smidgen of honey. Savor it. Hmmmm. I'm doing that right after I post. Clayton keeps asking me every week if I can come in every 2 weeks, but I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. I still need the weekly reassurances that I'm losing weight. So maybe once I buy a new scale I won't need to see him every week. That would be nice. Maybe I'll buy that new scale this week. Who knows. It doesn't need to be fancy, just one that doesn't lie to me. One that gives me the .8 result that I'm needing.

So yay me!!! Next week will be great news I am sure. I've been watching Glee in the mornings when I work out. And that's been fun. I've also been doing Lost. I'm in season 2. But everything had to be turned in to the library so I'm at a loss as to what to watch. Maybe I'll start #2 of Harry Potter, since I did #1 a while ago. So I'll need to go and put my name on the list for those dvds again.

I'm battling a cold right now and it's nasty. It's not the normal run of the mill cold. It's I've had you for 2 weeks and by 3 p.m. I'm pretty much wasted. And I get the same "bug" every spring because my body breaks into a rash to help me get rid of the virus. Nice of my body huh? So my legs and my elbows (crazy I know) have broken out in eczema type rashes. I am so attractive. Good thing I got married when I was young and skinnier because I doubt my husband would have fallen in love with me now. Eeeek! Sucka. LOL. No, I'm joking. Kinda.

Show choir is moving right a long. I have another song due next week. I'm supposed to be working on it this week, but since I'm pretty much dead by 3 that hasn't happened yet. I'm working on "Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat" from Guys and Dolls. I really like the song and it will be fun once I get started on it. After this song I only have 1 more song to go. It's a 7 minute 80's mix and I'm SO excited. But that's due in 3 weeks so I have 3 weeks do to 10 minutes worth of songs. Things could get a little crazy. But we don't actually start teaching choreo until after Easter break. So I have over 6 weeks to go. I'll have to work hard on getting the ones I've done straight in my head.

And that's about it in a nut shell. I went to a funeral today and cried like a baby. I am such a boob. I swore I wasn't going to cry and as soon as I saw the sister of the deceased I started bawling. I cried through the whole thing. And now (since it's after 4) I'm doubly exhausted. Thankfully, cubs was cancelled due to the funeral so I don't have anywhere else to go and dinner should be kinda easy tonight.

Mike's been working like a mad dog at work already. Usually he doesn't get CRAZY hours until April. But he's working on an audit right now and he's been leaving before I get out of bed at 6:40 and last night he didn't get home until 9 p.m. So the kids haven't seen dad since Sunday night. I kinda feel bad for them. I tend to let things get real slack when Mike's not around because face it, it's hard work to be a single parent.

And I swear after this, that it will be the end of the post. I just want you all to know that I HATE COWS. Every stupid spring we get them. I think my father in law secretly laughs at my misery. I know my brother in law does. Oooh, I wish I could throw a cow pie at his face. We're having a bit of a thaw right now. So this is how it goes. We back out of the garage. I drive 3 seconds. We're at the first gate. I get out. Step into 4 inches of black nasty mud. Open the barbed wire fence. Jump ungracefully into the car. Drive through the gate. Get out leap over the deepest mud shut the gate. Drive about 15 seconds or more to the end of our driveway. Stop again. This time I'm in 4 inches of black mud and cow poop. Because the cows think it's hilarious to poop right in front of the gates so when I get out in my heels and nylons (to go to the funeral) I get poop splatters up the back of my nylons. I smell REAL good and look REAL cute. Oi. Open barbed wire gate #2, leap back to car, drive through the gate, and then get out and shut gate 2 and then get back in the car and then we're on our way. Pretty dang annoying let me tell you. And my father in law won't buy me a metal gate because they're "expensive" I'd like to show him a thing to two about expensive. Really though, I think I'm going to say something because I hate cows SO much and I really need a gate that isn't a pain in the butt. Because another thing that rots is that I have to leave at least 5 minutes earlier than normal because it takes me at least that long to get through the gates. I can't tell you how many times I forget and am cursing (not really) the gates under my breath. Can't a girl just get a stupid break? I mean it's bad enough that my good shoes are ruined because of the mud and poop and that I go to church smelling like cow poop. Can't I have a quick opening gate. If I had it my way we'd have cattle guards. Or I'd jimmy rig a gate opener so it'd work like a garage door opener. Wouldn't that be sweet? That would be AMAZING. (another complaint? I have to drive the kids to the road every morning so they can catch the bus. At least in the morning the ground is still frozen so I'm not up to my armpits in mud)

Ok, I'm done complaining. Have a great week. I'm off to enjoy my PB&H.

2 comments:

Stacy Wilson said...

Good Work Rose. Keep it up, cow poo and all!

Stacy Wilson said...

update! update!update!