Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Beautiful Mess

My life is a gong show. And so even though the song of my life for the moment is Beautiful Mess it's not because my husband is making it hard to focus, it's because my life is out of control and yet, I'm crazy enough to not want it any other way. I am sorry for slacking the past couple of weeks. I haven't been posting my Meal Planner Mondays and I'm late (so you think) on the weight report. BUT, I got weighed today. And just for informational purposes, I'm not going back for 2 weeks. So there might not be a Fat Tuesday next week.

But let's do some reporting:

This week pretty much rotted. I jumped off the "diet" (lifestyle change) and just kinda ate whatever and didn't keep track of what I was eating. I didn't exercise 2x this week. I know. May the lightning strike me from above. Big mistake. Now, I did still lose weight, so that's the good news. The bad news is .... I suck. I am now back on writing down every little calorie. No more cookies. :( No more icing :( {don't ask}. Back to rice crackers and protein drinks. So on the scale I was down .6. Big fat whooptity ding dong. But it's been a reality check and so we're back to square 1. (well, square one being down 23 pounds). I'm going to make a few more changes too. I'm finding my exercising is a bit easy...which is good news because I'm getting more in shape. So I'm kicking it up to the next level and we'll see if it kills me. If it doesn't then we'll work it. If it does then I'm going to try running 5mph and see what that does. I just hate not feeling like I'm really getting a work out. So we'll see what happens in the next 2 weeks.

Meal Planner. I know this is late, but better late than never I guess.

Monday: Chicken Parmesan. It was good. LOL.
Tuesday: Chili and Rice. The kids said it was good.
Wednesday: Mac & Cheese and Hot Dogs. Super busy today. Have piano lessons at 5, visiting teaching at 5:45 and a meeting at 7:30. So the quicker, the better.
Thursday: Meatloaf, potatoes and salad. I {heart} meatloaf. But alas, trying to be good here.
Friday: Friday is a smodge. It was supposed to be a girls night for me {with some of the girls from show choir -- please don't ask} I thought we were going to Lethbridge. No. They want to come to my house. We're {they're} having pizza and bringing munchies. So Pizza I guess for dinner.
Saturday: BBQ'd steak, fries (red potatoes for me) and salad.

My life is crazy right now. Feeling the pressure on lots of fronts. Mike worked 60 hours last week so I've pretty much been a single mom for the past 10 days. I will get used to it, but it takes a while. I've got dances due for show choir, I've got meetings for Primary, funerals I've been doing food and helping in the kitchen, show choir mtgs, visiting teaching - which, get this. They added a 4th sister to our beat. No biggie right? Except that we're supposedly a "morning" route. We have 2 a.m. sisters, 1 late afternoon sister and one sister who works who can only see us after 6 p.m. I'm a little annoyed about it. If you're going to give us 4 sisters, then give us 4 sisters we can see at the same time. And one of those sisters is a lonely woman who has been know to talk our ears off for 2 hours. I have talked to the RS president. I told her I wasn't complaining, but if they could at least make us have women all at the same time that would be very helpful to a lady who is going crazy trying to schedule everything.

Anywho. So it's just been crazy around here. I haven't read any one's blogs for weeks so I have no idea what's going on with anyone. All I know is that this is just the beginning of the craziness. We sign up for baseball and soccer next week. 3 kids in soccer, Aaron will be travelling this year to Cardston (45 minutes), Stirling (5 minutes), Magrath (20 minutes) who knows how many times a week. Ky will be M/W and Abbie will be W. Did I mention that choreo starts April 13 and there's no way I can go to my kids' games for 3 weeks. AND Abbie and Aaron want to play baseball. Which will be Tu/Th. At 2 different times I am sure. Thank goodness I only have 3 kids right? And talking about show choir....Mike is coming with me on trip this year because it's in May. We're going to Yosemite. I had a baby sitter all lined up. She cancelled on me. I could kill her. THANKFULLY, the babysitter I wanted in the first place (she had a job and couldn't do it) decided to quit her job and is free to watch my kids. Crisis averted this time.

So, I'll try to keep everyone posted once a week on Fat Tuesday, but really, if I don't talk to you again for another month, don't hate me.

Oh and I've been asked to help a friend with her Grad Announcements. So I'll be doing those during spring break.

Yes, I am a glutton for punishment. Mike will have no sympathy for me. I guess NO is not in my vocabulary.

Crap, late for piano. ttyl, L

1 comment:

Stacy Wilson said...

way to pick your self up and keep going. Don't let the stress let you slip. Use it to distract you from food - not drive you to it. "Your too busy to eat that crap...if you are going to eat making something that will count" I love you, you're doing amazing and maybe when you hit your goal weight we will have to reward you with a girls weekend or trip or something. Wouldn't that rock!!!! Hopefully we'll chat soon.