Friday, 21 November 2008

Twilight

Last night I went to the premier of Twilight. And I won't say anything that "ruins" the movie, although if you haven't read the book I must say that I'm ashamed to know you. LOL. Just kidding, but seriously if you haven't read the books don't watch the movie first. Anyway, so I showed up at the theater last night at 8:15ish. The movie didn't start until 10 so I figured I had lots of time. As I was talking to the ticket guy he said that the theater had been open since 6 and was already quite full. He wasn't joking. The theater was full of 14 year old girls. I have never felt so old in my entire life. LOL. They were everywhere and after we passed the hour mark until the movie started they'd get up and scream about every 10 minutes "50 minutes! WOOOOOOO!" "30 Minutes!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH" They even did a count down with seconds and everything and they were way off on that. It was kind of annoying. So from the pre-show this girls were giving everyone I thought I was in for a LOOONNNNGGG movie filled with gushing and screaming every time Edward appeared on screen. But thankfully the movie was good and fast paced so besides the initial starting of the movie and the very end the theater was pretty much quiet. Oh except for the part that Edward and Bella kissed. The girls got all tittery again and I turned to my friend and we rolled our eyes. I mean, Puh-Lease! Half the girls in there thought that they were Bella and that Edward was their one true love. Poor girls. Stephanie Meyer really ruined real life for these young girls. LOL. Oh, and speaking of Stephanie Meyer, watch carefully for her in the movie! You'll see her in the diner at one point!! Anyway, the movie was good. Edward really grew on me and I didn't mind him so much at the end. The book, as always, was WAY better just because it gave a lot more deets than was able to be portrayed in the movie, but the movie was done well. The ballet studio scene (more than what you can see in the previews) was excellent. I didn't picture Bella the way they had her and it was eye opening. It now makes me want to read the book all over again. They are making the rest of the series and I'd wish they'd hurry up! And speaking of hurrying up, they had the trailer for Harry Potter and I must say it looked a bit spooky. LOL. That's another one that I can't wait until they're all done!! Ok, well, that's all I'm going to say. I enjoyed the movie, more than I thought I would. I wasn't too disappointed with it and I would go and see the rest of them, although I'm totally dreading book 2 since it was my least fav. Hopefully the movie will be just as tastefully done as the first one. So if you go see Twilight, let me know what you think!!!! Oh, and may I just say that Jasper killed me. He was so funny!!! LOL.

2 comments:

Stacy Wilson said...

nice, enough to get me excited but not too much!

Mikaela said...

Okay, I liked the movie too, and I will say that Edward REALLY grew on me with that sexy chizzled jaw line! I'm not usually crushing on actors, but this one got me going! LOL