Monday, 24 November 2008

Kenny

So I wanted to post really quickly that we went to the Kenny Rogers concert on Saturday night. It was not too bad. And I wasn't the youngest one there!! I saw a 10 year old and a few babies there too. LOL. It was quite different than all the other concerts I've been to. First of all the average age was at least 60. He had no opening acts or anything, it was just him. He sang about 10 of his "hits" of which I recognized about 8 of them but only knew the words to the chorus of 4 and I knew all the words to "The Gambler". So it was a bit quiet where we sat. LOL. And the show was pretty quiet. I didn't wear ear plugs at all. And he was FUNNY!! He was cracking jokes about the audience and it was just great. If he hadn't been so funny the concert would have been a bore. So, after he sang his "greatest hits" he went and changed his clothes into something more formal and sang about 10 Christmas songs. They were all good. He pulled 12 people out of the audience and he had them sing the 12 Days of Christmas. It was hilarious!!! We were laughing so hard. It was a nice stress reliever. (Although I kept thinking, this guy hates mormons?") It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I went. Would I go again? No. But it was a good show.

Now tonight is the show we've all been waiting for. Yes, that's right. Tonight is Carrie Underwood and I'm so excited!! And I've also received word that this summer at the Calgary Stampede we're having Kenny Chesney, George Strait, AND Taylor Swift. I'm so excited! I would like to go to all of them, but we've seen George Strait and Mike doesn't want to see him again (I DO!), and Mike says Kenny Chesney's tickets are too expensive (after all, he has been voted entertainer of the year 4 times so he can charge the arm and a leg to have a show). And we have seen Taylor Swift when we saw Brad Paisley, but I LOVE her music and so I really want to go. I told Mike we need to go and see George, stay the night in Calgary and then spend the day at the stampede and then see Taylor Swift and then we can drive home. And he said to me "And who's going to watch the kids?" At this point I'm thinking "Hmmm, the stampede is in the second and third week of July. By then we'll be less than a month from our 10 year anniversary. And in these 10 years, besides the first year and a half of being childless, we have NEVER gone away together without the kids. EVER. And in that first year and a half, we were so dirt poor that we couldn't afford to go anywhere and we were managing a house in Rexburg and we couldn't even take off to do some camping. So I'm thinking that it's time for his family to step up and watch the kids for two days and a night so that we can have a little alone time. Sheesh. (At this point I will not mention that we're hoping to go to England and Ireland for 2-3 weeks at the end of July beginning of August. We're hoping to fly mom up - or you can drive mom - and going on our first vacation together without the kids. But this adventure of ours depends upon THE TEST. If we pass, we go. If we don't...we don't. BTW, we find out about the test in less than 2 weeks. I get butterflies when I even think of it. Dec. 5th.) Ok, so I'm done blabbing. But I do promise to bring a camera to Carrie. I totally forgot for Kenny Rogers, but I swear I was there. LOL. Anyway, I'm going crazy trying to get ready for UT!! Yay 2 more days! So I'll ttyl, L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bet Rosie... I am so there with the kids this summer if you go. I will probably drive up. Just make sure you are back by about the 12 of Aug bc I have school and seminary :) See you in two days daughter. Have an awesome time at the concert tonight

Christal said...

Glad you have had fun at kenny just so you know those kids that came up from the audience weren't random maybe they said that I don't know but they won some kind of contest to sing with kenny. Cassandra Peterson's daughter was one of them {remember her from long ago??} Anyway sounds like a nice concert!
BUT ROCK OUT TONIGHT HOW FUN! You are so lucky! Well ttys look at all these fun things planned!! You go girl! see you soon!