Thursday, 7 June 2007

HS Reunion Update

Well, I've looked into tickets for flying home and they're looking to be close to 500.00 And I did bring it up to Mike.

Me: "I got the flyer for my 10 year reunion today."
Mike: "That's nice, are you going?"
Me: "It's at the end of September, so unless you're going to pay for me to fly down, I'm not going" (I should have just said yes and see what he said about it)
Mike: "Nope, I'm not flying you down."

End of conversation.

At first I was really excited to go. But the more I started thinking about it the more awkward I started to feel and I thought, I really don't want to see those people. I mean sure I'd love to see some of the people like Rach, I haven't seen her since that horrible Thanksgiving back in '99. I'd like to meet her husband Jack. I'd like to see Jared Stubblefield, Chris Hall, Mike Heller. I'd like to see Amy Higher, Andrea Sawyer, Jessica Goodman, Jerusha Tenney (Reid). I'll see Jason Funk when I head home in July. I don't really have a desire to see anyone who isn't LDS. I mean, sure it would be fun to see them, but to actually talk to them just makes me wish that my invite had been lost. Not really, but it's weird all the same. I mean everyone is just watching everyone else and it's just awkward. But they give you a thing to fill out that lets everyone know where you've been and what you've been doing (and you're supposed to put in a pic. Yeah, like that's going to happen). Then you can buy the whole book of everyone who fills one out (for 20 bucks plus 5 more bucks to ship it you). So I'll probably just do that. Anyway, so that's the latest.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I bet most of those people are on Facebook.