Sunday, 17 June 2007

Back to work

Well, it's been 10 days since I've last posted anything "personal". I've been doing good posting on the family site (for once) but I've been lacking things to say on the personal level. But all that's going to change. :D Starting Monday it's back to the grind on everything. I haven't been too serious about losing weight lately so on Monday I'll be back to working out 2x a day and eating right and all of that other stuff. My goal is to lose 10 pounds before I head home to CA. I should be able to do that in 3 weeks right? Because for the first time since we've been married I have to find a bathing suit. Not a pretty sight by any means. But since we'll be travelling alone to SLC (for the first time) I have to be the one who gets into the hotel pool. No grandma or Aunt Dee to pawn the chore off to. Now you think, what's another 10 pounds going to do for me. Believe you me, it's going to make a big difference. It's the difference between finding a suit that will work and not finding anything. So although I'm not excited in the least about finding a swimming suit, it has to be done. So it's back to the grind. And don't forget, I told you when I lost that 30 pounds I'd post a picture. I promise I'm still going to do that. I have lost 28 pounds. So hopefully you'll have a picture up by next Monday!! Wish me luck!! And of course, I'll keep you posted! ttyl, L

6 comments:

erin said...

Laura,

Good luck with the weight and the picture. Since we just live in ORem, maybe we could meet up when you're in SLC--if you want. Let me know. I know my kids would love to play with other kids.

lauralquinton said...

Yeah, that would be fun! I'm sure my kids would appreciate some down time. We're not planning on being in UT for too long, but maybe we'll extend it to one more day! I'll let you know (and I have no idea where the heck Orem is in comparison to Kaysville) ttyl, L

erin said...

Orem is about an hour and 15 minutes south of Kaysville. If it is easy to get together, then lets do it. But I know how hectic things are on vacation so no worries if it doesn't work out. We don't want to cause more stress. We have friends in Kaysville--who do you know there?

Mikaela said...

I'm just so impressed that you've lost 28 pounds. That's a huge fete! Way to go Laura!

lauralquinton said...

A couple of my mom's brothers live there and my grandparents live in Layton. So it's fun to go there because we can see several families at once. :d

Lauren said...

I am also impressed that you've lost 28 pounds. That takes a lot of willpower.