Tuesday, 5 June 2007
High School Reunion
So I got a letter today from my mom that had all sorts of information in it about my 10 year anniversary reunion for HS. I'm a little disappointed because we'll be home this summer and of course the reunion is at the end of September. I really can't see Mike being overly joyous to spend 500 on a ticket for me to head down by myself for the weekend (although wouldn't that just be a dream to go home without the kids for a few days. LOL) So I'm not even sure I'm going to bring it up. And even if I did bring it up I wouldn't even think about going unless one of my good friends from hs was going to be there. Because I do not do well alone. LOL. And there's no way that Mike would even dream of coming. And I won't go into all the explanations of why not. But I find it hilarious. On the paper they have the list of the people who are putting together the reunion and of course it is the A-list of most popular people. LOL. It just makes me laugh. And then I wonder, do they all live that close to YC that they can pull this all together. Believe you me, I'd give anything to be a fly on the wall that night!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
As soon as I knwo the date, I'll be there with bells on. If Mr J can come, we'll stay in a hotel, but otherwise, can I crash at your folks place with you? My parents should have moved to ID by then. Can't wait to see the "A-List" and what they've been up to. I may have to get drunk for the first time in my life. Should be interesting!
Was that last comment Rachel??? Well, sorry rosie, but my opinion is either one or the other but not both. Both trips are HUGE - financially as well as eveyrthing else. I really don't think it would be fair to mike to even bring it up. I mean, what if it were reversed? What if he had an expensive family vacation he wanted to take, then a personal vacation in addition....grrrrr. So, as one who has never been back in 30+ years to a reunion, you pick your battles and you pick your favors. I vote July.
OK I was totally joking about the drunk thing. I just meant it will be interesting to see how the dynamic works ten years later.
Rach, you make me die. LOL
Post a Comment