Tuesday, 24 July 2012

OWI

It's official weigh in day.  I know I've been saying this for the past few weeks, but this week has been the hardest one yet!  I didn't lose any weight this week until Sunday.  I even went up.  It was such a struggle to eat right.  I kept eyeballing some treats we had on the counter and I would tell myself that if I didn't lose any weight that I was going to eat one.  But then I would talk myself out of it because I really don't think I could eat just one.  Sunday I decided to fast for extra help.  And due to the lack of food, I lost a pound.  Hopefully  the Lord will answer my prayers and this week will be better.  So in the end, (since Sunday) I've lost 2.5 pounds.  So it turned out to be a good weight week.  I'm just hoping my body isn't slowing down.  In the diet book the author talks about how your body will always remember how much you weighed when you weighed your most.  And so because of that your "what you should weigh" is probably not what you think it is.  So even if you get to your goal weight you will probably gain the weight and go back to what your body thinks you should be.  No matter how good you eat.  Does that make sense?  Well, if that is true I am at that weight (you can find out what your true goal weight is on the dukan diet website).  I'm in total denial about that statement and hope that I am the exception to that rule.  So onward and downward I hope I go.  But that could explain why the weight has been more hard to get off.  I would rather lose a little every day then do a huge chunk of weight at one time.  It's so hard on me.  So I have 17.4 pounds to go until MY goal weight.  If the Dr is right, then I will eventually gain those back and be where I'm at now.  So, if that happens I am ok at this weight.  It's not quite what I want, but it will work.  But I'm still going to go for the gold.  (pa-ha.  A little Olympic humor for you)  And I was in picasa putting together a collage of the pictures from the beginning.  And I'm not going to lie, Mike takes my pics and they aren't that great.  But I have had an aversion to pictures being taken of me for 12 years and so I've struggled with it.  And he just rapid fire snaps and so most of them I'm scowling or pointing or giving him my "are you kidding me?!" look.  He doesn't say "Your hair looks like crap, go comb it."  or  "suck it in, I'm seeing a roll"  So one where my face is half normal looks lame in other ways.  So excuse the pictures...and my farmers tan.  We took the kids to Calaway Park this past weekend and I got burnt.  I didn't realize it was so bad in this shirt.  LOL.  Anyway, enjoy the pictures.  Next stop...50 pounds!!  So even though I look thinner in the 30 pound picture, I promise, I am down 10 more.  lol



5 comments:

Nicole P. said...

You look fantastic, Gina! Good for you!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

amazing how it makes us look younger too. I'm thinking you're looking like a teeny-boppin teenager now!
You look really happy and healthy. Most important! Congrats girl!

Maddie said...

^what they said.. you look so much younger.. and you're tiny!!! holy moly congrats gina!! i probably wont recognize you walkin around town. WAHOO!!

Christal said...

Wow hard work pays off!! You look amazing!! and most of all HAPPY! You are an inspiration to so many!!

MoxleyH said...

You look so great. Like fabulous....... Its making me want to do something drastic.... Good for you. Once again. You look fab-u-lous.