It's that time of the week. This week was pretty hard. I'm not sure why this week was so hard, but more than once I thought that maybe I've lost enough weight. And then the next day I would think but I really want to be a size 6. (which, I don't know if that's possible. lol. I'd really be ok as an 8. So we'll see what I hit first, a size 8 or my weight loss goal). This week I've also had a lot of people freak out when I say that I want to lose another 25 pounds. They think I look great the way I am and if I lose 25 more pounds I'll be skin and bones. Snort. As if. And the BEST thing about one of those comments was that it was made by my in-laws. Have you met my husband? His picture is listed next to his sisters, under beanpole in the dictionary. Although, between you and me, I think I finally weigh less than him. Mwahahaha. I'm trying not to bring that to his attention because then he gets all grumpy and starts talking about joining a gym. Which, I would totally support him in. I'd rather he give up eating ice cream in our bed, or a row of Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies...in our bed, or stop drinking pop. But whatever. I don't care about the way he looks. Sure, it would be fabulous if he decided to get in shape with me, but I'm not getting in shape right now. I'm losing weight. Once I hit the GW I'll worry about getting into shape. Which reminds me, the past few nights I've stayed up late enough that the infomercials have started on the tv and I've been memorized by Insanity and P90X. So, if anyone has done these, let me know because I'd like to get rid of the flab. Even though I'm losing weight, my body shape is still the same. And I don't want to get into anything crazy right now because I'd rather see the numbers go down on the scale. I think Mike would stroke out if I wanted to go to the gym (maybe I can talk him into a pass for the both of us....for Christmas - not that he wants to work out with me, but we'll see I guess). So, back to the question, has anyone tried Insanity or P90X. And they both terrify me. But the results are great. I just want the c-section flab to be a lot smaller. If I had a tummy tuck right this minute I would easily fit into a size smaller jean. So even though the numbers are dropping, I still feel extremely self conscious when trying on a bathing suit or participating in any spousal activities {blush}
So, enough of that. The results. This week I lost 2.2 pounds and officially passed the 35 pound mark. This is the most weight I've ever lost. And I haven't been the weight I am right now in over 12 years. No one in town has seen me this weight before. I was pg with Aaron when we moved here 12 years ago and I know I weighed more than this. So yay me! I'm still managing to drop 2+ pounds a week, which is beyond what I could have imagined. Those size 8 jeans will be here before I know it! If I continue at this rate (crossing fingers and toes and hoping I didn't jinx it) I could be at my goal weight by the end of September (instead of my originally planned November). So picture time in 5 more pounds. (did I mention I'm running out of "skinny clothes" in my closet?) I'm hoping to have the next picture up by the first week in August at the latest! I'll keep you posted! Thanks for all the support!! L

4 comments:
i love these posts!! wow 35 pounds??? thats crazy!! what have you changed im curious that has helped you lose it and keep it off. keep the posts comin!! <3
First of all...congrats woman! I've been reding your posts but not commenting. (head hanging in shame)
It's a lot of self control you have...I'm proud of you.
I have been working out with my mike to p90x every morning.
Oh my lands.
It's totally worth it, and totally hard. During the warm ups you will be amazed at how every part of your body is feeling it, or getting something out if it.
You will feel it in every part of your body, which is awesome, yet very painful at times. : ) His yoga has been the most brutal for me personally.
My sister and her husband use it to work out together too, have for a few years now, and love it.
We do to.
It sounds weird, and feels weird at first, but you should do it with your mike. Seriously.
The pics you posted last week? Awesome. You look really good lady!
I've done (some) of the P90X videos and they were good. Definitely a good work out.
My siblings have RAVED about insanity tough - said it kicks p90x's butt.
I'm ordering it from Costco. I figured it can't hurt to try right?
You're doing awesome Laura. Just awesome.
Keep up the good work Rose! Don't let anyone talk you out of your goal. You do look great - but we both know that your goal weight is a healthy weight for you. The difference in what they are seeing and what you are doing is this: to them you are on a "diet" and loosing weight. For which they are saying "hey you've done great" you don't need to loose any more. This is the best "you" we've seen. BUT you and I know that you aren't on a "diet" you are making a life style change. Once you hit your goal weight you aren't going to stop your "diet" you will still keep on the maintenance plan. SOOO it's best to get all the weight off now - just keep pushing through, you've made it this far and I am so proud of you. I also feel that if the weight is still coming off as *easily (I know it's not easy to diet) as it is then you need to keep going. I think that when there is less weight to loose it will start coming off a little slower. So (and this is just me thinking) if your body is still loosing the weight so quickly it has the weight to loose. Anyway, love you sorry it's so long winded.
Post a Comment