Sunday, 15 July 2012
More Time
Today I've done something that I hope will make me a better person. For those of you who know, or don't know, I'm addicted to playing games on facebook. I love playing computer games and facebook made it so easy! But lately the game playing has gotten out of control. To the point where I would almost be late for work because I just had to check one more thing, or I wouldn't read my scriptures that day even though I promised myself I would because by the time I looked at the clock it was time to get ready for work and so I'd tell myself that I'd read when I got home. Which never happened. I would get the occasional comment from Mike that I was spending all my "free" time on the computer. I wasn't even reading anymore. {Gasp!, Who would have thought?!} I've been feeling guilty about this for a long time, but could never make myself walk away. Until today. This past weekend we went down to the lake. One of my favorite places to be. And so we had 3 days without facebook games. I read 3 books. I spent time with the kids and Mike. I took pictures. I stressed out about my job (long story). I had time to just sit and watch tv and I never do that. So when we got home last night I didn't even turn on the computer until half an hour ago (I had to find something new for dinner this week). I got onto facebook. And I told myself that this was it. I was just going to delete it. I'm not going to lie, it was a little hard. I've been playing this game for a long time and I love the challenges and getting to the next level etc. But I held my breath and I did it. It took a bit to get rid of all my gamer friends, and to close out of the game itself, but it's done. And I'm happy. Yay me. My dishes got done today, Mike and I talked for a while, the kids laughed and played. It was a good day and the best part was not once today did I think about the game I have played. I no longer will be watching my clock thinking I have so many hours before I need to check my game. (Shameful I know!! It was seriously running my life. If I didn't find out so much stuff on facebook I'd be tempted to get rid of the whole thing!) So now hopefully I'll have a cleaner house, a happier hubby, "time" to read my scriptures, get more library work done, more time to read and catch up on tv shows before the new seasons start this fall, and more time to maybe even blog. So maybe this will be the nudge for you to get rid of one of your guilty pleasures. :D Meal plan Monday is tomorrow! Hope you're ready! ttys, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you! I have 2 guilty pleasures. One is Facebook the other is food. I have given up fcebook before and it wasn't hard. But then got back in when I had to plan a highschool reunion. Now I'm addicted again and it's one of my main communication sources with distant family. Sad :( I have yet to be able to give up food. Sad to say that it the one thing in my life I can always find satisfaction. I enjoy cooking, I enjoy eating, I watch tv shows about food. When I'm stressed I eat, happy, I eat, sad, I eat, angry I eat. Sigh. You should teach me how to overcome that :) happy that you are happier!
Post a Comment