Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Rough Morning

it's been another rough morning. and to think that today was abbie's first day of kindergarten (see kids blog or facebook for pictures). i should have been SO excited. and I was for 45 minutes. and then my treadmill just stopped while I was on it and I can't get it started again. the timer still runs, but the treadmill itself doesn't move. well, the belt doesn't move or the rollers. so i'm pretty ticked. i called mike at work and he said "you don't have kids at home, strap up your big girl panties and run outside" just kidding, he didn't say that about the panties. but that was pretty much implied. it's like 45 degrees outside with the wind blowing 60mph. do you think I want to run outside? nay. i want to stay in where it's warm and i can watch Lost. I'm at a really good part!!! so after 45 minutes of running I call it quits. while i'm showering i realize that abbie is now in kindergarten and i forgot to pack her a snack. "and the worst mom award goes to....." yeah, pretty much. so i get a snack and head to town. drop off the snack, talk to the librarians at the elementary school and volunteer my time to them. i got a "we'll talk to the principal and get back to you" uh huh. right. then i went back to my visiting teachee's house and she's still not there. I have an hour to go before I need to pick up abbie. so i head to the pharmacy and buy a "thinking of you" card. fill it out, head back to her place, knock on the door....still nothing. so i shove it in the door and pray she gets it. then i sit in the parking lot waiting for kindergarten to be done. although, at the pharmacy i did buy 3 stocking stuffers. woot woot. :) and this is how my day has been so far. really annoyed about the treadmill and about the visiting teachee. but we're headed to the lake this weekend and so exercising is the last thing i'm going to worry about....i guess...maybe. RAWR. why aren't things going right? this is dumb. i quit. pahahahaha, if only life went that way. guess it's time to pull up those big girl panties and just deal. oi.

song of the day: Had a Bad Day

1 comment:

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Do you really wear big girl panties?
ha!
sounds like your morning was just lovely...