I know it's been a slow posting month. But I do have this week's menu done. Nothing exciting this week. We are having chicken though on Thursday and I need to figure out what kind. So if you have a great chicken recipe, let me know.
And I have other great news. I know tomorrow is fat Tuesday, but I want to post this part today. I have no idea how I did while I was at Stacy's. LOL. BUT, I'm down a size in jeans AND I bought a belt for my too big jeans. Because I can't buy 4 pairs of jeans of the new size. So I'll wear my "fat pants" around the house with a belt (which is a little tricky. Belts kinda hurt when you bend over. The buckle hurts my belly. Does it do that to skinny people too? Or just fat people?) But I love that I have a belt. Sigh. And then I'll wear my "new jeans" when I go out in public.
While I was visiting Stacy I did buy one pair of jeans in the next size down too because while I have a few pairs to get me through right now I have NO pairs smaller than the size I am right now. Did I totally lose you guys? Ok, I guess I'll just eat the embarrassment and just explain. Ok, so, I'm now a 14. Woot. I have a few pairs of 14 from the last time I was a 14 (like 2 years ago) So I bought a size 12 because I have no 12's. (Did I happen to mention that I was a 12 when I got married? Hee Hee.) And in other good news, the last time I weighed in 2 weeks ago with Clayton, I was 5 pounds away from where I was the last time I lost weight (I lost 30 pounds like 2 years ago and then gained it all back. ) So I'm 5 away to that happy place. So I'm coming up on some milestones, hopefully in the next few weeks. :) Things could start to get VERY exciting! I figure it takes about 20 pounds to drop a dress size, at least that's what it is right now. So I have at least 20 before I can hit the twelves because the 14's fit, but they're snug. Suck it up buttercup. :) Anyway, I'll post more on this tomorrow for Fat Tuesday. Wish me luck to drop a few pounds since the last weigh in. :)
On to the meal plan
Monday - Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
Tuesday - BLT's for the fam, SmartOnes for me. We'll also have carrots.
Wednesday - Grilled Cheese & Soup and more raw veggies. (can you tell that Tuesday and Wednesday are super crazy?)
Thursday - Chicken of some variety (help a girl out!!) with Salad and veggies
Friday - Pay day Pizza! Woot, my 3rd favorite day of the month (the first being when I see the Chiropractor, the 2nd being Pizza Day at school so I don't have to make lunches)
Saturday - Pork Chops, Salad and veggies
And there we have it. Make sure to let me know what I should have for Thursday.
5 comments:
hi, so i'm barbs friend and I love your blog! our favorite chicken recipe is BBQ chicken, you just take any kind of chicken (i prefer skinless and boneless thighs) dip it in BBQ sause, put it in the pan and cook at 3650 for an hour and the sauce from the chicken we pour on rice! it's SUPER easy and SOOOO good!!!! and and put tin foil on top when you cook it! let me know if that doesn't make sense lol
It was good seeing you! You're kids are just as cute in person as they are on your blog. I'm mad at myself for not getting a picture taken while you were here. I guess I was thinking too much about Alex's hair. We did cut it that night so it sits on her shoulders when it's curled under. Anyway, tonight we're having panko coconut chicken (so good!) I just pat tenders dry, throw them in a gallon ziplock with panko bread crumbs and chopped coconut, garlic & onion powders, salt and pepper. Baken in oven at 350 for like 20 mins, flipping halfway. The kids have no idea they have coconut on them.
Ranch Style Chicken! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/01/ranch-style-chicken/
yummy
Do your kids eat red onion? I love the Red Onion Honey Mustard Chicken over at recipe zaar.
do you check kraftfoods.com? they have super easy recipes. just type in chicken and dinner and see what appeals to you. We like chicken pasta salad. I grill the chicken plain and use rotini noodles. Whatever veggies you want (we do tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, and avocado) and 1:1 italian dressing and sour cream for the sauce. Mix it all up and chill. It is our favorite summer dish that we have all year! It is better if you make it the day before so everything can marinate together. Just add the avocados at the end so you don't have brown lumps!
Post a Comment