Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Concert

Last night we went to the Toby Keith Concert. It was a pretty good show. The music was loud and talked a lot about beer and the bar, but all in all, it was a good show. The show opened with Jessie Ferrell. She isn't that well known and although I did recognize 2 of her songs (although I can't tell you what they are) I didn't think she was that great. (I borrowed my friend, Jenn's, camera so it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to use to get a good picture.) So I browsed on the internet to get the "real" pics of the people because some of the pictures are still blurry or foggy due to the pyrotechnics we had during the show. So Jessie Ferrell
this was the best I could find. I think I might have spelled her name wrong. this was last night. She wore a dress so short that as she bent over a few times to pick up her water I thought we'd for sure see a bit more than we wanted to. Like I said, wasn't that impressed with her. (Typical "everybody wants me" attitude - well, maybe not typical, but not surprising) Her concert lasted 25 minutes. Whew.


Then out came Aaron Pritchett. And let me say wow. He has good music and he's pretty good looking. Until his son came out on the stage and he was probably 6 years younger than me. So he's old. WAY TOO old. But he has dreamy eyes and when he took his shirt off, (sorry, it's sooo blury, but the women folk around me were going crazy and the ground was shaking and I couldn't get a solid shot)wow, it got sooooo loud in there!! He took his "sweaty" shirt off and won a $5 dollar bet. Then he chucked the shirt to someone in the audience. He did a lot of throwing stuff into the audience. They threw out shirts and guitar picks and he even threw out some drum sticks. It was entertaining to watch as drunk people clamored over each other to get to the items. LOL. Nothing better than watching drunk people at a concert. The amount of alcohol served there is astounding and that people don't think twice of downing 5 cups of beer and then driving themselves home afterwards. What a joke. Anyway, his songs were good. He has a new album called "Thankful" coming out and so he played at least 3 songs from that and then a few of his "other" stuff. You know that made him famous. LOL. His concert lasted about 45 minutes.





Then the "star" of the night. It was funny. I guess he has made a movie about his song "Beer for my Horses" and so the show started with that and how he came up with the idea and what not it was probably a good 15 minutes and then a shot rings out (it's a western type thing) and the "screen" they were showing the movie came flying down and there were fireworks and fire and sparks and noise and it was amazing! It was sooo good. Now, Toby isn't one for talking in between the songs. He would generally just play one song after the other. He started by playing my least favorite song of the night She's a Hottie and then went from one beer song to a bar song to a song about Willie Nelson and his weed. It was quite the night. I heard on the radio the other day that country songs are worse than rap songs when it comes to talking about alcohol. And after last night I have to agree. Both he and Aaron Pritchett had their beer drinking songs. But it was good. Toby did have a bit of a potty mouth and I wasn't impressed with that side of him at all. Not someone I could see myself being friends with (unlike Brad Paisley who I would like to be neighbors with. lol) He sang a whole bunch of different songs. Things from some early stuff, to some stuff he had out 4 r 5 years ago (his best work in my opinion) to all of his new stuff. I don't think he sang one song we didn't know the words to. So it was a good night. We had fun and it was another "notch" in my concert belt. Now the countdown is on for Carrie Underwood. Woot Woot!!

1 comment:

Papa Paradigm said...

LUCKY! Your always going to concerts, I wanna go. Looks like tons of fun.

Our Thanksgiving plans involve driving up to Rexburg Id. to visit with some friends (it's actually Evan's cousin). Our you going to Braden's wedding? I wanted to go. What are you guys doing?