Saturday, 24 May 2008

Reflection

Last night I finally hooked up our web cam and had a great time viewing my sister. LOL. She had a microphone and I didn't so it was pretty funny on my end. My sister is due in June with a little girl (she already has a boy) and so last night we had a web shopping spree at my house. I'd hold up clothes and dresses and she'd give the yay or nay. Today I washed and tried to get rid of stains and what not and am putting the things she wants in a bag to take down to her when we can. As I was getting some of the clothes out of the dryer it really hit me hard that this was it. I'd never wash these clothes again. They now belong to my sister and her little baby. It was funny how certain items brought back certain memories. I knew which ones were Ky's and which were given to us for Abbie. I remembered who gave them to us and when the girl(s) wore them. And I had a moment of sadness. No more little babies. Just the short moments of holding other babies. Sure there are a whole mountain of things that I won't ever miss, like the 2 a.m. feedings and the poop diapers that explode up the back, and the feeling of being tied down. But it was just one more reminder that this is it. And I was shocked actually of what I was feeling because until this moment I was 100% sure that I was ok with this. But now I'm hearing "Are you SURE this is what the Lord wants and not me just hearing myself" But alas, the Lord's answer was too strong for me to doubt. So I smile as I remember the time that Abbie wore that and grin at the little 0-3 month purple capris that I bought at Please Mum and hold the little jean jacket for a moment as I remember the first time Abbie wore it. I sighed over the dresses (and believe you me, I have got a lot of dresses!! lol) and I know my sister will love and appreciate the clothes. I feel better that she has them, then they go to strangers. And her little Kate will be the best dressed newborn in the state of CA. Anyway, I just wanted to share my reflection that I had today.

2 comments:

Christal said...

you made me cry. love ya.

Mikaela said...

Yeah, I gave 3 huge garbage bags to my sister in law for her 10 month old baby! I felt the same way. I'm having a yard sale in 2 weeks, and I can't decide if I wanna get rid of the high chair and all that stuff. I'm really not sure I wanna store it for a "just in case" moment! So hard! So I feel ya! :) At least it's nice to know that your sister appreciates them and can use them. That's what made me feel better. Btw, we'll have to cam together sometime! That way McKay and Abbie can get aquainted! I have a cam too! :)