my first lilac is blooming right by my window. That was a little ray of sunshine on this bleak Monday. In two weeks I will have a house smelling of lilacs!! Could anything be better? Not today.Monday, 26 May 2008
A bit of Joy on a Rainy Day
First, I must say that I love high speed. For the time it took me to write the title of this blog the picture was up and ready to go. I am in L-O-V-E!! And it's about time. It has been raining here since Wednesday. Yesterday was the first day I saw the sun and it lasted about 2 minutes. Today was overcast and on the cool side. But as I'm preparing dinner I see a little patch of blue and the sun is once again playing hide and seek with the clouds. He is now doing the seeking and it's made my headache disappear and my mood has lifted considerably. Now here is the side view from my kitchen. As I stand at the window and wash the never ending dishes I look straight into yard on the East. There is the fire pit, the edge of the garden, a tree, the hay bales etc. On the very left side of my window there is a lilac bush. Lilacs bring me fond memories of growing up and of my mother. We had a lilac bush that grew in the corner of our garden and they were mom's favorite flowers because you could put a few in a room and the smell was divine. So I have, over the years, associated the smell of lilacs with my mom. It is now the end of May and this is what I saw out my window today
my first lilac is blooming right by my window. That was a little ray of sunshine on this bleak Monday. In two weeks I will have a house smelling of lilacs!! Could anything be better? Not today.
my first lilac is blooming right by my window. That was a little ray of sunshine on this bleak Monday. In two weeks I will have a house smelling of lilacs!! Could anything be better? Not today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment