Monday, 7 January 2008

My 2008

So, I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I would like to do for myself this year. Because that's what I feel resolutions are, ways to make ourselves better. I haven't actually sat down and thought of resolutions for a while. And I can't remember the last time I wrote anything down, (if I had to guess I'd say in college was the last time). So as I mentioned the other day, I wasn't feeling to happy with myself. So now is a good time for a makeover. So 2008 is the year of ME! Totally selfish, but who cares. Not ME. I've decided that I want physical, mental and spiritual goals this year (personal ones that is).

For the physical it is once again the year of Booty Duty. I know I made the same comments last year (although booty duty is new. I heard it on the radio and had a laugh). I did lose 30 pounds last year and gained 25 of it back. Nice. But there is no trip planned to CA so maybe I'll be able to keep the weight off this year. But I"m not going to go crazy like I did last year either. I'll keep my exercising to once a day. :) So that's the goal. Exercise every day. To lose weight is the big goal here, but I'd rather keep the small goal. I'm also going to try to eat healthier this year. Weigh in days are Monday. And I've broken my weight up into 5 pound increments so I can have an incentive. Is 10 pounds a month a lot to ask for weigh loss? Anyway, so this morning was weigh in. Not happy, but that's what this is for. And after I lose 5 pounds I get a Taylor Swift cd. Yippee. I like her. :)

Mental. This one was a tough one because I have a hard time learning. Well, not a hard time learning, but finding it hard to find ways to learn. So I've decided to learn one new skill this year. I'd like to learn to quilt or to crochet baby blankets etc. I'd like to learn a new talent I guess. I'd also like to read a "good" book every month - whether it be a classic, or a good non-fiction church book.

For the spiritual I want to keep on reading the book of mormon every day, and keep the "official" prayers to 2x a day (I find myself saying short prayers constantly through out the day. But by official I mean on my knees. I'd like to, once I finish the book of mormon read through that I"m on right now, I'd like to put a bit more time into it and study it. I thought it would go great since that's what we're learning about in Sunday school. Until we were called and informed that we're back in the family relations class. Snore. We were in that class when Ky was born and you can't tell me that our whole ward has gone through it in 4 years. Especially since they haven't had the class for 2 years. Whatever.

Anyway, I'd also like to try (yes really really try) to curb my tongue this year. (Maybe not on the blog though. I need SOME place to vent, especially since Mike keeps the Bishop informed of all griefs that I have with what's going on in the ward and I have actually been accused of and I quote "running the relief society" - that one really gets my goat.) I've been having the problem of speaking without thinking about what's coming out of my mouth and it hasn't put me in the good graces of our bishopric or a few people in the ward. So I"m going to try to let it sink in before I open my mouth and blast something out.

I'm still working on a few other things but I'll let you know when I'm able to talk about them. Not to sound secretive or anything, but some things are changing and once we figure them out as a family I'll pass the word along to you!

So may we all have a successful 2008.

love, L

1 comment:

Christal said...

You go girl!! I miss you ! can't wait for parent preschool so we can vent nicely eh! Glad you had a good christmas. TTYL