Wednesday, 23 January 2008
Annoyances
We had Abbie's preschool start back up today. I knew it would be a short day because I had a Dr.'s appt at 10:30. So I rushed this morning. Get the kids up, get them all dressed, watch for the bus while I shovel in breakfast. The second they're out the door I'm up on the treadmill. End at 8:55, hit the shower, wait for Abbie to pee (which she won't do if she's in a new place or if there is someone in the room with her, which is getting very annoying), quick to get dressed, hit up facebook to move my cars (Parking Wars - love it!) and then we were out the door by 9:20. But the roads were slick so I couldn't do my normal speeding. So by the time we got to preschool it was 9:35 and the room was packed. I only knew about half of the moms. Anyway, so we did the normal getting to know you stuff and we introduced ourselves and went over the "rules". Then I had to leave. So I get to the dr at 10:30 and I wait until 10:50 in the waiting room. Then they put us in a room to see the dr and we wait and wait. Then the nurse comes and takes my blood pressure. Then I wait and wait and wait some more. Getting a little tense because I have to get Ky at 11:15. So sure enough. At 11:14 I walk out. We rescheduled for next week, but I was really annoyed. It turns out there was some emergency this morning and when I left he was on the phone with the specialist. But still. They should have told me when I walked in that they were running behind. Then I would have rescheduled right then and gone back to preschool. Now I have to see him again next week. This time I scheduled for after I pick up Ky. What I was going in for wasn't anything important, but it just irritated me. I would have rather been at preschool than sitting there keeping a 2 year old entertained at the boring dr's office. Anyway, I'm done venting I think. Still a little peeved, but what can you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loathe waiting at doctors offices. I always schedule my appointments for first thing in the morning so they don't have a chance to get behind but still sometimes...ARG!
Post a Comment