What a weekend we've had! On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday the wind was totally outrageous! Friday was by far the worst day. We had wind gusting up to 140 KM which is about 100 MPH. On our way home from Kindergarten I had to get out of the car and help a Mennenite woman push a tree out of the road because it was blocking the whole road (this was just the road that is in front of our house) and of course there's not a man on a tractor to be found. It was a heavy tree even though it wasn't that big. So we pushed and pulled for about 15 minutes and finally got it. It left me wishing I had more muscle, but we got the job done. Then when I pulled back into our yard I happened to look at Mike's wood shed and got another shock. Here it is,
knocked over and crumpled. He says it's ok, that he was planning on rebuilding it anyway. I just smile and nod. Whatever you say dear. Needless to say I think we should use it for firewood. (It's just an old grain shed that he decided to use for a wood shed.) Then Friday night the winds finally died down and the snow came. We got a foot and a half of snow in one night. Not that I'm complaining, because I'd take 12 feet of snow over that blasted wind. It was just wild. I've never seen it like that. There were a few times on our way to Sweet Grass that I thought we'd be blown off the road. I was weaving so bad at times that I was wondering if the trip was worth it. Not to mention how much gas it took to get there and back. It's 45 minutes down (about 56 KM) and I think we went through 148 KMs of gas to get there and back. So, for all of those who are going to be mailing us stuff in the future (MOM, etc.) If you'd like to ship it to our Sweet Grass box I'm sure you'll be saving yourself a bit of money. Our box address is : Box 398 Sweet Grass, MT 59484. Just let us know when you're mailing it and about how much it is worth (to get it back across the line) and it will be delightful on all ends I'm sure. Anyway, that's about all for now. Oh wait, there is one more thing. So we have a baby sitter that I just love. She's been a favorite of mine since before I had abbie and I was in YW's. And once I had abbie she has just been a delight. Now we have several sitters, but Jacquie is by far my favorite. Anyway, she always plays with the kids and cleans the house and is just wonderful. Now, I'd like her even if she didn't clean the house, but that is such an added bonus that we've decided to give her a Christmas bonus. I mean, what a delight to come home at midnight from somewhere to find your house sparkling. And she does this every time. Even when I ask her not to. Anyway, so yesterday I was doing laundry all day. I was up to my elbows in laundry after not having time during the week to get it started. So when she came over I just pointed to all the piles still left and said, I'm doing laundry, just leave it all there. Etc. Anyway, so I get home last night and the house was clean. I did notice that she'd tidied (sp?) up and I just figured that she put it back in the big laundry baskets. Until I got up and fed abbie breakfast. i went to grab a wash cloth to wash her hands and face and found that it was dirty. Jacquie folded all of the dirty bleach. So all of our socks, towels, wash rags, the kids' underwear. I just couldn't believe it. I mean, I put wet rags in our bleach bucket knowing that I'm doing the bleach and I'm surprised that the smell of those didn't knock her out. So she's probably thinking that my soap doesn't work that well and I'm wondering how to tell her that she folded nasty underwear. LOL. So a Christmas Bonus is soooo coming her way! LOL.
knocked over and crumpled. He says it's ok, that he was planning on rebuilding it anyway. I just smile and nod. Whatever you say dear. Needless to say I think we should use it for firewood. (It's just an old grain shed that he decided to use for a wood shed.) Then Friday night the winds finally died down and the snow came. We got a foot and a half of snow in one night. Not that I'm complaining, because I'd take 12 feet of snow over that blasted wind. It was just wild. I've never seen it like that. There were a few times on our way to Sweet Grass that I thought we'd be blown off the road. I was weaving so bad at times that I was wondering if the trip was worth it. Not to mention how much gas it took to get there and back. It's 45 minutes down (about 56 KM) and I think we went through 148 KMs of gas to get there and back. So, for all of those who are going to be mailing us stuff in the future (MOM, etc.) If you'd like to ship it to our Sweet Grass box I'm sure you'll be saving yourself a bit of money. Our box address is : Box 398 Sweet Grass, MT 59484. Just let us know when you're mailing it and about how much it is worth (to get it back across the line) and it will be delightful on all ends I'm sure. Anyway, that's about all for now. Oh wait, there is one more thing. So we have a baby sitter that I just love. She's been a favorite of mine since before I had abbie and I was in YW's. And once I had abbie she has just been a delight. Now we have several sitters, but Jacquie is by far my favorite. Anyway, she always plays with the kids and cleans the house and is just wonderful. Now, I'd like her even if she didn't clean the house, but that is such an added bonus that we've decided to give her a Christmas bonus. I mean, what a delight to come home at midnight from somewhere to find your house sparkling. And she does this every time. Even when I ask her not to. Anyway, so yesterday I was doing laundry all day. I was up to my elbows in laundry after not having time during the week to get it started. So when she came over I just pointed to all the piles still left and said, I'm doing laundry, just leave it all there. Etc. Anyway, so I get home last night and the house was clean. I did notice that she'd tidied (sp?) up and I just figured that she put it back in the big laundry baskets. Until I got up and fed abbie breakfast. i went to grab a wash cloth to wash her hands and face and found that it was dirty. Jacquie folded all of the dirty bleach. So all of our socks, towels, wash rags, the kids' underwear. I just couldn't believe it. I mean, I put wet rags in our bleach bucket knowing that I'm doing the bleach and I'm surprised that the smell of those didn't knock her out. So she's probably thinking that my soap doesn't work that well and I'm wondering how to tell her that she folded nasty underwear. LOL. So a Christmas Bonus is soooo coming her way! LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment