Tuesday, 26 December 2006
So, I feel like the biggest IDIOT ever. So, guess what I got for Christmas? A treadmill. Mike bought it last week. Before he even asked me what I wanted for Christmas. And it was upstairs still in it's box hiding in Aaron's room under a million more Christmas boxes and Discovery Toy Boxes. So needless to say, I feel like a total heel and I'm such a bag. For the love of Grace! I seriously thought he didn't get to it. Not to mention on the card he gave me (that told me about the treadmill) on the outside it said "Redeemable at any time as long as enough notice is given." So I was like oh, right. So I feel totally Stupid, but I have my treadmill. Christmas went really well at our house. The kids were delighted with all of their gifts. And the sad thing was, I was more excited than they were. I had a horrible nights sleep because I was so excited! I can't remember the last time that I slept bad on Christmas Eve because I was so excited. You'd think a person would outgrow that by the time they're 16 or so. But the kids woke up around 7 and just walked into the living room, no big excitement or anything. I was a little disappointed. But then they got into their stockings and stuff while I made breakfast (some Egg Frittata or something like that. It was super yummy and really easy. Eggs, egg whites, cheese, tomatoes and bacon bits - the real ones then you pour it in a pie pan and 25 minutes later you have a delightful fluffy egg concoction that wasn't too bad. ) Anyway, so while I was mixing that together they ripped into their stockings and then we all sat down and opened presents while the frittata baked. The kids were delighted with so many things. Abbie got a little Cabbage patch newborn and she carries that baby everywhere. We didn't want the kids to take toys over to Don & Gails (the in-laws) because all of their cousins were there and I didn't want to have to try to find toys later. But Abbie would not put that baby down and she slept with it and everything. I love finding presents that the kids just LOVE. Anyway, so Christmas morning was good. After we ate we spent the morning playing every game that we bought Aaron - Yahtzee JR, Crocodile DDS, Elefun, Hungry Hippos. Then Mike and the kids went up stairs to watch CARS. I cleaned up a smidge and hit the shower. Then we got everyone ready and headed to Don & Gail's where there were more presents and more food and more candy. We had Christmas dinner and played games the rest of the afternoon. It was a delight. This was the first Christmas that I didn't have a baby on my hip or someone to watch so I spent 4 hours playing a farming version of Monopoly. (Lets just say that I hate Monopoly because it takes forever.) I enjoyed being able to play without a baby in my lap. So I held my two nephews (one at a time of course) throughout the evening. It was fun. (And no, I didn't find any big baby pains. I enjoyed holding them. But I held them because I wanted to, and gave them back when I wanted to. And that was nice) Anyway, so it was a delightful day, treadmill and all. This morning mike went to fight the crowds for those Boxing Day specials! We'll see what he returns home with. Have a great day, and please forgive me for being an IDIOT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so excited for you, you are going to love it!!! YA you've been waiting for so long!! I'm glad you got it I have to say I even thought about you yesterday and wondered if you really did get it!! That is awesome! Merry Christmas! Talk to ya soon, CB
That's great that he got you what you wanted! I guess he just said that to try to throw you off and lead you to believe he didn't listen! Mike SCORED! So hopefully you'll pay him back in a great way!
That's pretty funny. Mike fooled us all! :)
Post a Comment