Monday, 4 December 2006

So, I'm ready to vent a few paragraphs and so I thought RED would be a suitable color for todays update. Holy Crow! I can't believe Christmas is in 3 weeks. I still feel as though it is November. I know it's only the 4th, but every week is so full of things that they are just flying by. I just want to sit down and cry. I am so not enjoying this holiday season. Even the Christmas music that I usually love is doing nothing to bring me into the holiday season. And you know, it's not the Christ side of the holiday that I'm worried about. It's the whole secular aspect on it that is just giving me grief. I have treats to make for plates. Well, that's going to take a whole day and a huge mess that's going to take a couple of days to get back to normal. Then there are all the parties we're going to. Now, don't get me wrong. I love to party. I party it up with the best of them. But I just feel so spread out. In fact this is how I feel. I feel as if I'm on a run away train. But see, I'm not really on the train. My wallet is on the train and I'm the idiot running behind the train trying to catch it as it gets further and further away. So that's just for the beginning of things. Our RS president is out of town visiting her son in Virginia. We have our RS Christmas dinner on Friday and I have been told I'm making invitations for those who are less active. I tried to get out of it, but I can't without just being rude and saying no. And I totally can't do that because as a people pleaser it is against all rules and regulations. So those need to get out ASAP. Not to mention I am making our Christmas cards this year and I haven't even started. I am not even sure what the heck I'm doing. I've been reassured that once I get going I'll be fine. But on top of that I have the little newsletter that I send out. So many of our cards get shipped south to people who rarely see us so I figure that they need that little extra to remind them of who we are (not to mention that I totally love it when other people do it). So, lets see, where am I, cards, newsletter, RS, parties, oh, then there is just the normal every day life. Preschool where I'm supposed to make 1001 cookies for. Yeah, right. Then I have snack at Aaron's school on Thursday. Plus, do I get his teachers a gift for Christmas? Then there was the handwritten note I got from Aaron today that all the kids on his bus are swapping presents and I have to buy for some random person named Lindsay. Our limit is 2-8 dollars. That is all I know. How old is Lindsay? When do I have to do this? You can tell kids are totally in charge of it and it kind of makes me mad. I have enough to do without having to worry about some nameless, ageless girl on a bus. I mean for the love of grace. I keep on telling myself oh, after next week things are going to slow down a little. But then you remember we're feeding the missionaries and that I have to sign Ky up for preschool for next semester, and I have to do my visiting teaching (which for the last 3 months I've done by myself), and it's my visiting teachers bday on the 13th. And it's just one thing after another after another. Wait train!! my wallet is on the train! Well, I'm about ready to blow up the train with the bomb I always carry in my back pocket. It's one of those folding kind that explode on impact. So I'll make it into an airplane and soar it at the train. oh, wait, I'm dreaming again. So as you can see this is why I've been waking up with headaches and been taking drugs practically around the clock to avoid "THE BIG ONE" that I can feel brewing in the back of my brain. Yes, I can tell I will be waking up with a migraine soon. Knowing my luck it will be on Christmas day.
Now, let me vent for a second on the craft sale I went to on Saturday. What a waste of time. I am about 3 cms away from quitting discovery toys. What a joke. And actually I'm going to talk to Aaron's teacher on Thursday when we have snack and I am going to see if she wants to do the fundraiser that the preschool does. If she doesn't then I am going to quit because I'm not putting enough energy into it to sell what I need to to keep up with my "minimum" that I'm to see every year. So I'm kind of hoping that she'll say no, but on the other hand, I don't do anything, I just hand her over catalogues and order the toys. So maybe I hope she says yes. Ok, so saturday I get up at the crack of dawn to finish all organizing ( I had gone shopping for 4 hours the day before and then we had a party that night and we didn't get home until after 12) So I finished gathering and left to the AG barn. Got there, set up, and to make a long story short, I sat there for 6 hours without even so much as a potty break, and sold one 12.99 toy. ONE STUPID TOY! My fee for having a table cost more than the one toy. I am livid. So I will never again go the the AG Craft & Bake sale selling discovery toys ever again.
Now, my question is this. How am I supposed to write a letter of love and Christmas cheer when all I have is anger and stress on my mind. Even reading the scriptures and praying isn't doing much to ease the stress that I feel. Although I am finding myself reading a lot more at random times during the day. Anyway, enough of that. I have spent way to long on this blog. So there it all is. and here is my parting thought

Trying to diet in December is like trying to shovel snow in a snow storm.

PS. I have yet to have seen the treadmill after he's already gotten his log splitter AND another 650 on his (#*$#(&# truck. (don't even ask if you don't know)

Merry Christmas. Maybe.

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

I'm sorry that you're having such a crappy holiday season. Maybe you just need an afternoon where you just don't do ANYTHING and you watch a movie or read! Some YOU time! I know that seems impractical with all you've got going, but it might be for your benefit. Also, why do you feel the need to make your own cards to send out? DOes anyone really care that much? It could take a long time doing that, and you could just spend the time working on other projects. I personally think a letter w/ a picture on plain white paper is good enough. I am trying to think of what to get for Abby, and that is a tough thing! I don't see why you can't get 2 blues clues DVDs if she likes them so much. Heck, even a stuffed animal would make McKay happy. I'm sure you'll think of something. Also, about the baking...why don't you just make like sugar cookies...focus on one thing so you're not overwhelmed. Sometimes I get together w/ my sister(s) and we bake together. It's way more fun. Plus one can be cleaning as you go and the other is stirring on the stove if you're making candies. Just a thought...have a baking day and everyone bring ingredients for 1 item. Hang in there, and hopefully your holiday season gets better!